ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which bit connects to what?

You may have seen my other thread about me having problems with my engine not ticking over at all. I would like to make sure all my hoses are connected to the right place so i will post pictures here and if you could be so helpful as to tell me if they're right that'd be one thing off my mind.

I borrowed one of the pics from another thread, hope the author doesnt mind!

2w3bbdy.jpg

the bit circled in red (what is it by the way??) (though mine has two branches with one blocked off.. I need to get one like this in the pic)
connects to this (circled in yellow) (again what is this??):
16auoa0.jpg

The thing in the yellow circle sits into a similar shaped hole in the bottom of the inlet manifold. I assume this is right as i cant imagine any other possible way.

The blue circled item on the first pic is like a 10mm elbow (what is this for?) that on my car is connected by a hose to this:

358442b.jpg

which is obviously the bottom part of my throttle body.

and then in the elbow of my air intake:
25p4y2h.png

circled in white is a connector that connects to a hose that is connected to the bottom of my idle control valve.

Is all of this right?

thanks guys

Westy. MX5
The first photo shows the hose from the fuel tank breather via the carbon canister, if this is loose, air leaks etc it will cause rough idle, follow the hose to the carbon canister under the offside headlight and from there to to the fuel tank. Not sure about the others.

Ok will get under it and chase it back when I have 5 mins thanks for that.
Anyone else able to help with the rest?