ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which body shop masking film/sheet to use for a full car?

That will be fine, but personally i wouldnt "store" a car under plastic sheeting, you'll soon have damp issues and it can knacker fresh paint.....

That will be fine, but personally i wouldnt "store" a car under plastic sheeting, you'll soon have damp issues and it can knacker fresh paint.....
Hi Simon, thanks for the reply.

Store was probably the wrong word, it was more for when I have just detailed a car and need to keep it covered for a few days at most.

I won't be using much of it so don't need reels of the stuff, so if there's anything easier or of better quality I'm interested if there is something else you recommend.

Id stick with 3M myself, 2bh im not a massive fan of the plastic sheeting esp for areas that are going to get more than a flutter of over spray, you cant beat brown paper really for that. Normally we use the 3M sheeting or equal, then brown paper over areas that will receive paint over spray directly.

No matter what they say on the box, the over spray / paint flakes off the plastic sheeting.....which obviously can screw up a job properly in the lacquer phase!. However for your purpose it will be fine just to keep the dust off, or maybe you could even get a away with plastic dust sheets from B&Q or similar, but they will look alot less professional heheh

Cheers,
Si

Id stick with 3M myself, 2bh im not a massive fan of the plastic sheeting esp for areas that are going to get more than a flutter of over spray, you cant beat brown paper really for that. Normally we use the 3M sheeting or equal, then brown paper over areas that will receive paint over spray directly.

No matter what they say on the box, the over spray / paint flakes off the plastic sheeting.....which obviously can screw up a job properly in the lacquer phase!. However for your purpose it will be fine just to keep the dust off, or maybe you could even get a away with plastic dust sheets from B&Q or similar, but they will look alot less professional heheh

Cheers,
Si

That's great Simon! Ordered the one from the link.

Thanks again.