ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which car? Cupped 197 or 197 cup??

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
The cupped (albi) is almost standard bar rear wing, the cup(GW) has every option from the brochure thrown at it.

Cup is £200 more.

Both 08/08.

Decisions??

Golf 7R
Tough one. Albi looks fantastic when clean, and i also prefer colour coded side strips and mirrors. The Cup like you say has a lot of extras, but GW is popular now, but is it a fashion colour that will die out and affect resale value when you come to sell it??

Either way you cant go wrong!

What wheels have they got Albi - Anthracite. Cup - Speedlines?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Albi. It's a nicer colour, will age better. And the driving position is better with the fully adjustable wheel in the FF cars.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Both got anthracite.

Cup has full bodykit & chin splitter, not fussed about them!

White clique
my ideal would be a WHITE R27, fully loaded with all the toys and xenons etc, i reckon it would look quality with the decals (a bit like the colour combo on the old Opel Manta GTE)!!! Shame it was never an option.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
my ideal would be a WHITE R27, fully loaded with all the toys and xenons etc, i reckon it would look quality with the decals (a bit like the colour combo on the old Opel Manta GTE)!!! Shame it was never an option.
There is one.

White clique
There is one.

really? I'd love to see a pic i bet it looks awesome :D

Is it an R27 in white (as LY is the only optional colour unless someone was ultra keen and had it custom), or is it a new 197 with cup packs and decals and options (amounts to the same thing i suppose).

My next one will be a late R27 i think. I love them in Nimbus.

There is one.

Is it an R27 in white (as LY is the only optional colour unless someone was ultra keen and had it custom), or is it a new 197 with cup packs and decals and options (amounts to the same thing i suppose).

it was a one-off special for Jimbo666.

In honour of his brother i believe.

However, i think lhd markets can still get a white r27 tho if i'm not mistaken.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
cupped 197. you need keyless in your life tbh. plus albi is sexy.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The only reason for going for a cup is the price. The weight loss is negligible, and the handling/pace will be no different to a cupped 197. Given that the albi is cheaper, it's an easy choice.
I know some people like to think that the cup is the 'hardcore' option, but if that was really important we'd all be running round in caterhams. The albi car will be as good to drive as the cup, but a nicer place to be.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
cupped 197 for me.. i pick toys everytime AND the cups not that much faster tbh!

clio 197 cup

it was a one-off special for Jimbo666.

In honour of his brother i believe.

However, i think lhd markets can still get a white r27 tho if i'm not mistaken.

jimbo666 is indeed the owner of the only r27 f1 supplied in white to the uk market,and it was the last one built out of a production run of 500,and therefore has the number 500 plaque on the centre console.
the car was built with every option available,and has also got the front splitter and cup spoiler,with additional decals.
fondly known as "the curly edition",the car was built in memory of his brother,will,(curly)who was tragically killed in a car crash in september 2007.will was a massive renault fan,and drove a clio.
the car was comissioned after an approach from dave lee(blackrat 230) from meganesport,to jeremy townsend of renaultsport.jeremy had to get special permission from renault to have the car built.
number 500 was finally supplied to jimbo in february 2008."the curly edition" has attended several shows,where it drew a lot of attention,helped to raise funds for warwickshire and northamptonshire air ambulance,and has done a few track sessions,and is driven very much as a renaultsport should be,because ,as jimbo says"its wills car,i only drive it for him!"
the car is a very much a treasured member of the family,and will never,ever be for sale.
pictures of number 500 have been posted on forums across the world.

steve.

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
Tough one. Albi looks fantastic when clean, and i also prefer colour coded side strips and mirrors. The Cup like you say has a lot of extras, but GW is popular now, but is it a fashion colour that will die out and affect resale value when you come to sell it??

Either way you cant go wrong!

What wheels have they got Albi - Anthracite. Cup - Speedlines?

+1

Gotta agree mate!

Trophy #490
Cupped 197 all the way out of them two. Is their any Xenon's on this Albi one? Look so much better with the Xenons IMO. I was put off by the cheap feeling plastics on a GW Cup I went to see a few months back, the door handles in particular. Only small details I know, but it put me off.
How about an R27? Could help with the re-sale value with it being a limited edition?

Swift Sport
The only reason for going for a cup is the price. The weight loss is negligible, and the handling/pace will be no different to a cupped 197. Given that the albi is cheaper, it's an easy choice.
I know some people like to think that the cup is the 'hardcore' option, but if that was really important we'd all be running round in caterhams. The albi car will be as good to drive as the cup, but a nicer place to be.

+1

...Good comment also

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^The R27 has pretty much all the options it was a 197 with cup pack suspension, recaro's, climate, xenons etc etc.

Unless the albi is an r27 then its the CUP
why? The R27 isn't based on the cup its based on the 197 but had the cup suspension, which is the only thing on the cup thats better than the standard 197...