ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio do i buy

Focus RS, 182 gone

I am about to buy a clio, i have £10,000 to spend. Which would be the best option:

1. Buy a 172 for about £8000 and have 2k to mod it.

2. Buy a 182 but keep it standard.

Is there much differance between the two? im not much for the look of a standard 182(dont like the wheels) But it is the newest model. Is there any differance in performace one out on the road?

Which would be best?????

Quote: Originally posted by Dink on 09 April 2005
1. Buy a 172 for about £8000 and have 2k to mod the engine.

:D

You know it makes sence! Even still if you buy a mark 1 and get it very much moded! Stay with the 15 inche wheels...Faster lauch.

Focus RS, 182 gone

Cups aint got the leather interior, im not much for em. either want a normal 172 or 182 cup pack

Focus RS, 182 gone

i used to have a clio 16v, rusty arches old and unreliable, it one of the best cars iv had tho, well, one of me favorites

320d

172s and 182s are both great cars

It depends how much money you are willing to loose because a new clio will be worth half what you paid after 3 years where as if you buy a 172 the previous owner will be the one whos suffered the most loss in value

For example im selling my full fat 172, 51 plate, black, standard UK car, 29,000 miles, FRSH for £6600

Where about you based?

320d

The difference in the two cars is minimal especially on normal road driving

The 182 comes with the Cup Pack suspension option which is popular whereas youd have to go aftermarket to improve the 172 handling (which isnt exactly shabby as stock)

Ask youself if youd be able to live with a 182 in standard form or would you give in to the temptation of modding?

320d

Quote: Originally posted by azzer2000 on 09 April 2005

i want the iceburg colour as my 1st choice, why u selling so cheap?
People keep asking me why im selling so cheap but thats the true value of the car - its a buyers market

Focus RS, 182 gone

if i wanted black mate, id be round 2day, im after one with no dents, and at that price i could buy it without selling my car. Why u sellin?

320d

Ive got two cars but im looking to move out and get a flat so i really cant justify having them both anymore

<----------- Thats my valver

Remapped derv Golf

Well if you want to loose 2 grand in the next 6 months next buy a 182.

Most people wont be able to tell the difference.

Either one wont be miles faster than a VTS - so dont expect it to be! The Saxos are a nicer drive imo.

Focus RS, 182 gone

the swat possition in me vts is terrable, build quality to, lights flashin all over on rhe dash airbag etc....... and theyre fast becoming ur 17yr old boy racer car, seena stheyre so cheap now