ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio?

Abarth 500
Wow! I've just been offered a new job and part of the package is any company car I like. For tax reasons I'm going to keep myself sensible but dont know what to consider...

Should I try and get a 182 Trophy (are they still available - especially on contract hire?)?

Or a Megane 225

Or drive around in one of the company Mini Cooper S till the new RS Clio comes out and get that

Or feck it - pay a couple grand extra in tax and get a V6

Or forget Renault and get something totally different?

Hmmm... I've never had so much choice but it doesnt make it any easier!

Black/Gold 182
how much driving have you got to do? I love my 182 but would rather have something bigger if I had to do lots of motorway miles, maybe the new Golf GTI

Abarth 500
DC5 Integra - you read my mind!
The only trouble is, none of the contract hire companies websites I have been on quote a price for it online and its down to me to source it...
The car will mostly be used for advertising as I will have a big logo down the side so it will spend a lot of time parked in strategic locations! The main driving will be around a small town, A/B roads to little villages and the odd dual carriageway/motorway blast. (I'm an estate agent if that helps you picture it!)
I *think* I can have anything - he didn't mention any restrictions and it was part of the package he offered me to tempt me from my current employer.
Tonight he offered me either a Cooper S or a Cooper Cabrio till I decide - that will be the easiest choice yet!

cbscup said:
DC5 Integra - you read my mind!
The only trouble is, none of the contract hire companies websites I have been on quote a price for it online and its down to me to source it...

Very unlikely to find one considering they aren't officially available in the UK.

Trophy or 182 sounds perfect for what you need though, town driving etc. If it was mostly motorways it would be 225 all the way, but I'm sure a 182 will satisfy your needs!

Megane225FF
lets be honest if "The car will mostly be used for advertising" what will get you more attention than a v6!! On the other hand, do you really want to plaster loads of stickers down the side of it?
If you need to cart loads of gear about go bigger - Megane, if not go Trophy.

Abarth 500
Still considering all of the above. He has now thrown into the equation that I could have a car allowance instead so I could get myself a second hand DC5 but I don't fancy all the running costs... (and he's not sure how much allowance I can have!)

I think I'll just run around in the Mini till I get some sort of inspiration!

Thanks for the help so far :)

personally i'd choose the ST-2 over the ST-3, marginal difference in spec, and a decent enough saving

excellent car by all accounts though, far betetr than the clio in looks IMO