ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which coilovers

Foz

slammed clio mk1
Hi guys, picked myself up a 53 172 cup yesterday and already decided that it needs some coilovers, so just wondered if anyone could help me out?

Looking for some around the 500 price tag, although spending less would of course be a bonus. Must offer a really low ride, as I do like my cars slammed.

Who's best? :D

Thanks a lot, Rob.

Porsche Boxster987S
GAZ coilys?? Not rated on here though. Thats why i bought myself some:)

Theres those vmax coilys in the group buy just now or i think FKs are around your price range

Foz

slammed clio mk1
I do not really want to shell out on the h+r's mate, although I am sure they are very good!

How low can the vmaxx and gaz ones drop the car? Thanks again

Porsche Boxster987S
I do not really want to shell out on the h+r's mate, although I am sure they are very good!

How low can the vmaxx and gaz ones drop the car? Thanks again

Dont know anythin bout the vmax ones but the GAZ coilys go LOOWWWW!:cool:

me.jpg

clioside.jpg

clio_slr1.jpg

"Navy" N17 TWO
That was Fatboyslim's and Rosssei's from over here in NI - nicest LY I've ever seen :approve:
Apparently the GAZ setup on it was very harsh to the old spine though

Citreon Berlingo MPV
V-Maxx are really good, up to 70mm drop, plus excellent damping, really good quality for the money, got mine last week, £400 including VAT.
Hi guys, picked myself up a 53 172 cup yesterday and already decided that it needs some coilovers, so just wondered if anyone could help me out?

Looking for some around the 500 price tag, although spending less would of course be a bonus. Must offer a really low ride, as I do like my cars slammed.

Who's best? :D

Thanks a lot, Rob.

RB 182 cup
ive had my GAZ about 2 weeks now, finally got round to messing with the dampers at the weekend and im very pleased with them.
i dont find the to harsh i think there perfect. from what ive read in the past a few people havent got on with them but from my experience they are fine

Porsche Boxster987S
ive had my GAZ about 2 weeks now, finally got round to messing with the dampers at the weekend and im very pleased with them.
i dont find the to harsh i think there perfect. from what ive read in the past a few people havent got on with them but from my experience they are fine

how have you set them up?? And how low is the car?? Im having mine fitted on friday and want them LOW but not harsh

RB 182 cup
well i did the tracking etc at work, it is quite low but not too harsh, was just a bit of trial and error setting the shockers up as to what felt right, took me a while but now im very happy.
my fronts are 1 1/2turns off hard and the rears 10 clicks off full soft