ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which gear linkage kit?

Clio RS
Hey guys,
I'm looking after gear linkage kit for my racecar Clio 172. Which one would you recommend? Anyone tried more of them?

Is PMS one good choice, or would you recommend any other?

Thanks for help!

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
PMS is weapon of choice for standard gearbox imo, used mine for years and liked it so much run one in the daily too now

You must be in a minority mate to want to run one in a daily. Speaks volumes as to how good they are.
I’m about to try one soon, hopefully a big big improvement and with a bit of luck, hope to get one quiet.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
I just filled the linkage with lead shot, rattle isn't intrusive anymore under 50mph so daily a road commute at 40 it's fine. Motorway I just lightly rest my knee on it and then when opportunity arises for the b Road blast it's so so worth it.

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
You must be in a minority mate to want to run one in a daily. Speaks volumes as to how good they are.
I’m about to try one soon, hopefully a big big improvement and with a bit of luck, hope to get one quiet.

I run mine as a daily now too. My commute is a lot of 40 and 50 mph average speed zones, and it's pretty quiet at that speed. It gets worse with speed after about 50-55mph and it's a pain on the motorway.

I did notice that it got quieter after about around 1-2k miles too.

As mentioned above, I've got 2kg of lead shot to insert into the linkage on mine, but haven't find the time to do this yet. Hoping it helps at motorway speeds.