ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which HT leads for 16v

Which HT Leads would you recomend for my valver, hear stories saying magnecore do not seal/fit well into the plug holes, is this true?

cheers

FRST and 106 GTi

I changed my ignition wire set for a lucas one. Why? just because I couldnt see why go for magnecor or even splitfire.

I mesured the electric resistence of the 3 wire sets and lucas and magnecor were similar. Splitfire was 4 times less resistence... but Ive heard so many bad things about this company that... hey, just went for the cheapest ones. Lucas do the job has good has anyone else.

Guess If you have a NOS boost or another wild mod, keep an eye for a better ignition and its full comp.

BMW 320d Sport

Most people I can think of who get better leads for their 16v use Magnecor. Theres a reason why most Clio tuners use them and not anything else. I dont think measuring a leads resistance is even half the story, its not just down to resistance, although Splitfire etc would like you to believe that.

Strangely enough, the original Renault leads are made in a very similar way to Magnecor (different to most other OEM and aftermarket leads) - they are made by Bougicord but are a little more pricy than the Magnecor KV85 (which I use). I know Renault are rip off merchants but for once i think they are actually selling leads that are better than any aftermarket silicone leads. Apart from Magnecor which are very good. Ive never had any misfires or ignition problems with them and they fit perfec.t. The only thing with the KV85 is that they only come in red and are slightly too fat to fit in the guide channels. The blue ones that are one below the KV85 fit almost perfect.

cheers, thanks for the advice think ill go with magnecor, but the leads andy spares supply are made by bougicord and they arnt as expensive as the magnecor. the reason im changing them is that the no. 3 lead does not make a good connection to the dis cap when checked with an ohm meter.

thanks.