ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is better exhaust?

Which is better....

Magnex or Mongoose?

Both have the same tailpipe design of 3.5" twin pipe.

And both around the same price.

I've always thought that Mogoose systems were better.

Its for my CUP by the way.

cock mobile.
Now I have it ^^

Am loving the noise, and though I though it was a bit chav I have come around to the looks now, car would look bare without it.

Clio 172 mk2
Glad your liking the exhaust Sean

My 172 is in the garage on Saturday morning for the sports cat to be fitted....hoping all goes according to plan:D

106 GTi
Magnex for me. Mongoose do some lovely sounding exhausts but the quality at times is very poor.

Thanks for the replies guys. Im getting a magnex now, from a mate, for £80. Its only done 400miles too, so its more or less new!

I think if i was going to buy one though, i would have gone for the mongoose. As although they both have the same twin pipe, i prefer the mongoose for some reason, plus from what i've read on the net, mongoose do seem to have better quality construction, as Fred says, better welds.

I'm sure i'll be just as happy with the magnex though.

I'm puzzled.

Why ask everyone which exhaust to buy if, when the answer is overwhelmingly Magnex, you choose Mongoose anyway? ;)

Good result getting a nearly new exhaust for £80 even if it was the one you didn't want!

Are you just talking back-box(s) or cat-back or manifold-back?

Considered de-cat?

cock mobile.
£80, is that cat back?

I was chuffed to get it for £200.

Neil: Let us know how the decat does, and if it will pass it's MOT with it on?

I was asking mainly as i was going to be buying a brand new one. But decided to go for this instead.

It is cat back, but i could have the de-cat to go with it for an extra £100.

So that would be a full system for £180. Which is bloody cheap.

I just dont have the money for the de-cat at the moment. But may do when i get paid next week.