ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which is the best exhausts ???

clio 182 cup
Héllo do you think the orbisoud clio cup exhaust is the best to fit on clio 182 ?? but is diameter is 60mm !!
Do you think take another exhaust with diameter 63 mm is better,for example the k-tec ??
In fact i want the powerful exhaust on clio182 so orbisoud in 60 mm or ktec in 63 mm ?? :approve:
thx

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
Blueflame all the way ;)

Attachments

• IMG00007.JPG
    IMG00007.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG00009.JPG
    IMG00009.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 138
i think get a custom one. Off the shelf exhausts like Orbisound/K-Tec will never be as good as a custom one made to fit your car, exactly to your specification.

Pro-Speed get my vote :)

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^ Slightly incorrect. Orbisound is probably better than most custom exhausts. Costs a small fortune though. Blueflame is the value exhaust. Shed Motorsport are currently bringing out their new exhaust which is supposed to be the business.

fUbAr said:
i think get a custom one. Off the shelf exhausts like Orbisound/K-Tec will never be as good as a custom one made to fit your car, exactly to your specification.

Pro-Speed get my vote :)

Completely disagree.

Orbisoud "develop" the exhaust for the car whereas customs are just built to fit. The KTEC off the shelf is not comparable to an orbisoud.

Below is a quote from Olin on the Orbisoud. Did prospeed have access to the thermodynamic optimisation data from RS??!! I doubt it.

"A last word about performance. This exhaust line has been designed to optimise torque at low rpm. Orbisoud is working with Renault Sport on many project. They had an access on the thermodynamic optimisation data from RS.
The line bore, silencer volume, and cat position have been chosen to give a max torque at 4000rpm. It is very very nice...
The exhaust has been approved by Renault Sport but is not sold as Renault spare part ( wich is the case for the track Cup line also made by Orbisoud )"

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^^^ What i said but in more detail,lol.
They are pretty expensive though. Are they available without the sports cat?

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member
arnt orbisoud about £7-800 with the cat? which is'nt to bad considering a prospeed is about £450 + whatever a sports cat is.
value for money it has got to be the blueflame

RS4 480hp,STI 420hp,ELISE
If interested, I have still an Orbisoud RACE exhaust for sale. There are already 2 people interested. The street version is just a copy of the race version so ofcourse Orbisoud has all details of the RS. Only different thing is the cat of the race version is almost empty and has no 2nd lambda sensor gap. Price is only 450£ for a 2 moth used exhaust. I also had a Janspeed from Ktec before and believe me, it's nothing compared to the Orbisoud

Integra Type R & 205 Mi16
I'm still negotiating the price for the BTB, the original prices we had included a centre box, which the system no longer has. This is due to it barely having an effect and there were issues with it contacting the bodywork during testing.

Its also an ear drum and neighbour friendly 86db static

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
^^^ Good question,i'd be interested to read what it is,can't be anything over mid 70's though.

I really like the orbisound,its just i wouldn't want the sports cat as i already have a decat and i'm chuffed to bits with it,no point spending 250 pounds on something i don't need.

I wouldn't have thought the std exhaust produces much less than 86 db's as sound is measured on a logarithmic scale (non-linear). i.e. 100 db isn't twice as loud as 50db

vx220
When the time comes for my exhaust to be replaced ill be looking into the orbisoud, and possibly the BTB if shed ever get any prices lol ;)
Im the same with most things i do, i want the best of everything! And if it costs a little more, So what! No good being rich in a grave yard!

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Any1 thinking of getting a new exhaust in th west mids area should give 'Ashley Performance Exhausts' a call. They will custom build a pipe to what ever spec you want at DAMN cheap prices. They are based in Walsall. They built one for my skyline which was a bl**dy good bit of kit, built in thier factory from scratch. I asked to have a look around the gaff and it was mind blowing th ammount of kit they had. Look em up guys.

Fiesta ST
LukeRomeo said:
Any1 thinking of getting a new exhaust in th west mids area should give 'Ashley Performance Exhausts' a call. They will custom build a pipe to what ever spec you want at DAMN cheap prices. They are based in Walsall. They built one for my skyline which was a bl**dy good bit of kit, built in thier factory from scratch. I asked to have a look around the gaff and it was mind blowing th ammount of kit they had. Look em up guys.

They are good like, I have one of their systems on my RT. I think the fact the systems are mild steel puts people off, which it shouldn't, because the price reflects the fact it won't last a lifetime. :) They'll even make up a manifold to correctly match their system and car.

mja182 said:
When the time comes for my exhaust to be replaced ill be looking into the orbisoud, and possibly the BTB if shed ever get any prices lol ;)
Im the same with most things i do, i want the best of everything! And if it costs a little more, So what! No good being rich in a grave yard!

The guy who runs btb is away until the 22nd, cheeky git has gone on holiday!

vx220
At least its giving those who maybe interested time to go see the bank manager regarding a mortage for buying one lol! Only joking! I think you should use the fact that you've been messed about as well as being made to look as though your wasting everyones time, by gettin them to give a fat discount! Which you can then kindly pass onto us lot! ;)
Did you ever get a RR graph showing before and after figures joe?

There is a graph but we only want to post the results once the prices are ready. Also, the graph has been sent to btb for review by them. It will definately be ready for FCS and hopefully we'll have the brake kit too, not too sure if it will be fitted or not tho. Maybe we'll have to fit it at FCS!