ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is the best???

Clio Williams
I was just wondering about other peoples opinions about which is the best performance clio ever?:race:

Clio Williams
Performance models not special editions ie, 16V, williams, RSi, 172's, 182's, cups, trophy:banghead:

MINI JCW
Arctic Blue 182 with cup packs because thats what Ive got!!

Anyone noticed its always the williams owners who start these threads

Clio Williams
gazcaddy said:
Arctic Blue 182 with cup packs because thats what Ive got!!

Anyone noticed its always the williams owners who start these threads

Maybe it is williams owners who start these thread, however I'm just interested, I never said the williams is the best.

MINI JCW
Wasnt having a go at you mate, there was a thread on here the other day that got to 13 pages on about which was fastest, purely looking to wind people up, it was started by a williams owner

Clio Williams
gazcaddy said:
Wasnt having a go at you mate, there was a thread on here the other day that got to 13 pages on about which was fastest, purely looking to wind people up, it was started by a williams owner

No worries, didn't see that other thread though, which one was finally decide as being the fastest?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Best performance is without a doubt the clio authentique...IMO its the 8 valves that do it; so much torque. Only the other day, i saw someone racing one against a saxo west coast...OMG! They were doing some obscene speeds! At one point, i think one of them managed 56mph! In a built up area!

MINI JCW
Gerry said:
No worries, didn't see that other thread though, which one was finally decide as being the fastest?

The fastest car on the day was a MK2, on avergae the williams were faster. However virtually all the cars inovlved were modified, according to magazine road tests std v std the 172/182 is faster than the Williams

Clio Williams
superfastdan said:
Best performance is without a doubt the clio authentique...IMO its the 8 valves that do it; so much torque. Only the other day, i saw someone racing one against a saxo west coast...OMG! They were doing some obscene speeds! At one point, i think one of them managed 56mph! In a built up area!

:D

gazcaddy said:

... it's okay Gaz, you can say that it was 'TheJesus' that started it... and it was 16 pages before some anal dwelling but monkey removed it! ;) Think MK2 owners were just upset they lost 'their' challenge... ho hum... lol

Gerry, why is the V6 not included in this list? I mean yes, it may be overpriced, slow, heavy, with pig handling but surely they can be included!? :eek:

seriously though, this has been covered a million (and one now) times and there are loads of viewpoints. The magazines etc basically have you believe that the newer the Reno Sport car, the faster and better handling it is... the people on here also say the same thing... strangely enough the only viewpoint that disagrees with this is the timing equipment at York, Santa Pod and any other drag strip you go to... Read 50 thousand copies of Evo, paying particular attention to 0-60 times though and you'll soon forget reality ;):rasp:

Clio Williams
The V6 just slipped my mind, the mk2 looks great but I know nothing of its handling or real-life performance, not had the chance yet ;)

MINI JCW
TheJesus said:
... it's okay Gaz, you can say that it was 'TheJesus' that started it... and it was 16 pages before some anal dwelling but monkey removed it! ;) Think MK2 owners were just upset they lost 'their' challenge... ho hum... lol

Gerry, why is the V6 not included in this list? I mean yes, it may be overpriced, slow, heavy, with pig handling but surely they can be included!? :eek:

seriously though, this has been covered a million (and one now) times and there are loads of viewpoints. The magazines etc basically have you believe that the newer the Reno Sport car, the faster and better handling it is... the people on here also say the same thing... strangely enough the only viewpoint that disagrees with this is the timing equipment at York, Santa Pod and any other drag strip you go to... Read 50 thousand copies of Evo, paying particular attention to 0-60 times though and you'll soon forget reality ;):rasp:

I couldnt remember who had started the thread! Also I only said that according to magazines the 182 is quicker than the williams, theres never going to be much in it as theres only about 15 bhp per tonne difference between them in power to weight ratio, although the fact that the 182 has a higher power to weight ration would suggest it is faster and then due to the fact it has more power would suggest a higher top speed

gazcaddy said:
I couldnt remember who had started the thread! Also I only said that according to magazines the 182 is quicker than the williams, theres never going to be much in it as theres only about 15 bhp per tonne difference between them in power to weight ratio, although the fact that the 182 has a higher power to weight ration would suggest it is faster and then due to the fact it has more power would suggest a higher top speed

that's my whole point... 'on paper'. some people on here read too much into that, as 182's rarely make stock power and although some may hate to admit it the Williams usually make over stock power... and that's 10-12 years on. hence why year, after year, after year the Willy has always been consistently quicker up the strip. it's not really open for debate, this is just the way it is and unfortunately some people that get into 12k debt for their new car can't handle this... hence 16 pages, thousands of views and only a handful of complaints. was funny as f**k though, I think every possible excuse was used and abused.:p

172 Cup
boring.jpg

^^^ Refers to the thread, not one person.

Clio Williams
Its funny, no one has mentioned the trophy which has always been reviewed as the mutts nuts

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
TheJesus said:
that's my whole point... 'on paper'. some people on here read too much into that, as 182's rarely make stock power and although some may hate to admit it the Williams usually make over stock power... and that's 10-12 years on. hence why year, after year, after year the Willy has always been consistently quicker up the strip. it's not really open for debate, this is just the way it is and unfortunately some people that get into 12k debt for their new car can't handle this... hence 16 pages, thousands of views and only a handful of complaints. was funny as f**k though, I think every possible excuse was used and abused.:p

Because people want, New cars, they move on with the times. They like their mod cons.

Sod the strip, track's where it counts.

Clio Williams 2
i test drove a 172, and it was booooooring, slow heavy horrible handling, never drove a 182 but like the looks, been in a v6 was nice too but not as fast i expected. but nothing i have drove came close to the experience of my williams especially with it been lowered now handling is a dream. just need my chip now for that bit extra of the start, had 140 out of it while racing a 182 think it was standard as i beat it?? and i only have full exaust sytem and air filter

Clio 172 mk2
Dan_Williams said:
i test drove a 172, and it was booooooring, slow heavy horrible handling, never drove a 182 but like the looks, been in a v6 was nice too but not as fast i expected. but nothing i have drove came close to the experience of my williams especially with it been lowered now handling is a dream. just need my chip now for that bit extra of the start, had 140 out of it while racing a 182 think it was standard as i beat it?? and i only have full exaust sytem and air filter

Well good for you.....what do you want a medal?

Personally i bought the CUP because i prefer the looks of it over the williams/valver. I couldnt really give two s***s about which is quicker. I know the CUP is safer, and to me looks better. Obviously everyones views are different. Which is why we buy different cars.

As i said, i couldnt care less which is actually faster. The books say the newer models are faster, and providing they produce the power they are meant to i have no doubt they are, but at the end of the day it all relies on the driver with Clio Sport cars, as there is nothing but a knats piss in them.

So threads like this always go to stupid amount of pages debating between the two types of owners. But really who cares? You got your car for your own reasons, if you feel you have to justify those reasons by saying its quicker than a different model then you need to get out more ;)

Red Clio 197 F1
Christ all mighty! We've all gone crazy!!

Yes this is boring and people seem to love winding each other up.

I've had a Williams 1 and now my 172 phase 1. There is marginal difference and who really gives a sh1t.

We own Clios not f.ing Bugatti's!! And we are all acting like Beemer drivers (oh no what have i started!)

We seem to be worried more about what our cars say on the boot lid. We made the choice and by the sounds of it very happy with it.

Clio Williams 2
:mad: No im not on the wrong site im on here because i like it on here, why do people just take things so to heart, its a discussion not an arguement, i like the looks of alot of clio's. just saying i was dissapointed with the performance of the 172. and i would not of test drove it if i didnt like it........
and im not saying williams are unbeatable they are the best clio ever, because no can say which is the best, its personal opinion

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL, dan in not so many words above you said the 172 was rubbish, out shone by the williams on every level. The spec's on both cars clearly show that the RS is the superior car.

Each to their own eh?!

Clio Williams 2
eh??? i said i was dissapointed with the performance and all i said was that the williams i found was much nicer to drive, i think if people get so hung up on things like this, it must be hitting some soar points lol