ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is the best???

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Again we get the dreaded thread..!

The only credible video evidence that has been forwarded is the Yozza cup vid v Wliiams, this clearly shows that a Williams with IK/exhast/ECU is a fraction quicker than a standard cup. A cup with the same level of mods then the cup would be quicker. This vid show equal starts etc .........

Pod times meen s**t - different starts / abilities / mod levels etc....

Lets see more proof like this vid before everyone mouths off their opinions......until then then specs speak for themselves.

I have a cup and Sony camcorder, lets find an airfield and get some footage.

Clio Williams 2
exactly lets leave it there, 1) does it really matter aslong as you are happy with your car. and 2) the differences are minor with alot of these cars and sometime will come down to ability.
There will never be a result from this set in stone.
Anyway i love all the clio's like im sure alot of other people do!!!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
The V6 is the quickest clio ever made in STANDARD FORM.5.8 -60 and 155mph
And that does'nt include shitty coilovers that let you feel rabbit s**t when you drive over it...

ian

Clio Williams 2
ian 182 said:
The V6 is the quickest clio ever made in STANDARD FORM.5.8 -60 and 155mph
And that does'nt include sh*tty coilovers that let you feel rabbit sh*t when you drive over it...

ian

*FACT*

Polo GTi
EVOgone said:
Again we get the dreaded thread..!

The only credible video evidence that has been forwarded is the Yozza cup vid v Wliiams, this clearly shows that a Williams with IK/exhast/ECU is a fraction quicker than a standard cup. A cup with the same level of mods then the cup would be quicker. This vid show equal starts etc .........

Pod times meen sh*t - different starts / abilities / mod levels etc....

Lets see more proof like this vid before everyone mouths off their opinions......until then then specs speak for themselves.

I have a cup and Sony camcorder, lets find an airfield and get some footage.

lol yeah well credible, once upon a time york was described as s**t, Pod is where its at, the NW boys do pod, get BETTER times, now Pod is s**t and york is god, jokers

Don't know why im bothering really........ but how does Roamers Willy against yozzas cup with different mods is credible, yet a Willy and 182 Cup with SAME mods at Pod are not LMAO, answer me that :rasp:

Anyway best Clio is the Mrs Champ Elysee 1.4, smells like wet dogs, but it gets good economy.

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Hence why you's can keep up...Just! ;)

hehe, you 1*2 owners have a funny idea of keeping up...

"yeah, he only pulled 4 cars on me, kept up well..." lol

Evonone, good try, I almost read your whole post then, but fell asleep as your [SIZE=-1]alzheimer's reared it's ugly head and you started repeating yourself... again... you obviously (and conveniently) forgot about what Monkey did to the 200bhp car that had more mods than him... lets face 'real' facts, you have one or two vids (if that) where the Willy loses out, most are of it showing the MK2 a clean pair of heels, but understandably you chose not download those :boring:... see for it to be 'fact' you need to take more than just one result or example (even then the MK2 lost though :S, go on, what were those excuses again? ;)), so lets try and move away from one off isolated incidents yeah? :rasp:[/SIZE]

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
I love these threads....no wonder no ones goes on Williamsclio forum, your all here defending your cars.....

I wonder how fast the 182 are when they have 100k and 3 rebuilds....will have to wait and se..

EVOgone said:
I love these threads....no wonder no ones goes on Williamsclio forum, your all here defending your cars.....

I wonder how fast the 182 are when they have 100k and 3 rebuilds....will have to wait and se..

we are over there normally, but when it all gets a bit to intellectual we like to come here for a mental wind down :clown:

I wonder if a 1*2 will make it to 100k ;) by that time it may be run in enough to start making standard power :rasp:

did you see the vid of Monkey by the way? ;)

Clio Williams 2
i dont really think there is anything to defend, the fact is the 172 and 182 will not be around in 10 years time with 100k or three re-builds. why..... because there will be an equal or equivilant clio like this.
Dont get me wrong i do love the 182, looks mint!! good performance, sounds nice, nice interior. i like them as much as my williams, so i dont know were the defending williams come from??

tiTTy & SV650
I'd love to drive a Williams, bet its as good as my 205gti for feel and has the speed where the gti lacks.

I like my 182 but I prefer older cars cause they are far more kart like IMO.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Bang i've hit a tree, oouch i wish i had ABS, ESP, Airbags! ;) Why are we still talking about 1/4mile. It's for pansy's who can't drive worth a monkeys.

Clio Williams 2
for's and against for both, i originally bought a brand new citroen C2 top of the range cost me 12k, nothing compared to my good old williams

AJRMOTORSPORT said:
Bang i've hit a tree, oouch i wish i had ABS, ESP, Airbags! ;) Why are we still talking about 1/4mile. It's for pansy's who can't drive worth a monkeys.

whereas the Williams owners would say:

"missed that tree, thank fook I have a car that doesn't scrape the wing mirrors on the floor when it goes round corners..." ;)

your wrong about 1/4 miling, I think it takes a lot of skill to get the car off the line like that, but yes, tracks are where it's at. we dont mind where we own you though :rasp:

I'd like to see someone actually post up some V6 speedo vids for a std to mildly tuned one, I want to see what they go like from say 100-150mph (if they actually get there in the same day anyway).

ITB's are the future, BMW have known this for years

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
V6's look great and go well.I'd also like to see some vids but its going to go better than any 2.0 from 100+ anyway.
MikeT has a quick one and i know simons is a nice one too...
Maybe telford mike could say how much quicker it is as he had a 172 and went to a V6

ian

ian 182 said:
V6's look great and go well.I'd also like to see some vids but its going to go better than any 2.0 from 100+ anyway.
MikeT has a quick one and i know simons is a nice one too...
Maybe telford mike could say how much quicker it is as he had a 172 and went to a V6

ian

don't mean to sound too blunt but i'm not interested in what people 'think they know', more of what actually happens and how much quicker they are than 'any' 2.0 (i'm assuming you mean std there, as any TB'd Clio would wipe the floor with one), as one car 'feeling' faster than another means nothing. a UK WRX Impreza feels quicker than a 182 or a CTR... but it's not.
would bequality to see a vid of MikeT's too... not that it would give me any realistic idea, but it's also nice to see a car tuned to the tits giving it death... same with you Lucky, get some vids up mate, but please, no more quicktime, mpg or avi that mofo!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
I love these threads lol

IMO the best clios are the 172 Cup and the Williams..... The extra weight in the other mk2s really tells and I've not been impressed with any of them on stnd tb tbh.

Clio 172 mk2
David_Snaresbrook said:
Personally i bought the CUP because i prefer the looks of it over the williams/valver. I couldnt really give two sh*ts about which is quicker. I know the CUP is safer, and to me looks better. Obviously everyones views are different. Which is why we buy different cars.

As i said, i couldnt care less which is actually faster. The books say the newer models are faster, and providing they produce the power they are meant to i have no doubt they are, but at the end of the day it all relies on the driver with Clio Sport cars, as there is nothing but a knats piss in them.

So threads like this always go to stupid amount of pages debating between the two types of owners. But really who cares? You got your car for your own reasons, if you feel you have to justify those reasons by saying its quicker than a different model then you need to get out more ;)

Agree

If speed and 'pissing on' other cars is all you want then go buy another brand....Oh, hang on I forgot....the insurance may be a bit too steep (laughter)

MINI JCW
Steve2004 said:
Yeah I wouldn't like to have a crash in a 172 cup either :clown:

Im not that keen on having a crash in any car. Remember on top gear when all three of them crashed into that wall at 30mph, i wouldnt have fancied that.

Clio Williams
:D It has been great watching this thread develop and watching people discuss which is fastest although I only asked which is best not which is fastest. I have always wanted a williams and I got it. The speed is great (even better with the KN 57i and chip, but I still have to get the exhaust I want but that involves saving up and I have a FSE valve to fit, then I reckon it will go a hell of a lot better ;) ), the handling is superb and it looks the mutts nuts. I must get some pics up because I just had it resprayed.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo
FSE is a pile of shite fit it to your lawnmower instead....k&N is probably slowing you down too..

535d / t5 caravelle
TheJesus said:
whereas the Williams owners would say:

"missed that tree, thank fook I have a car that doesn't scrape the wing mirrors on the floor when it goes round corners..." ;)

ha ha quality! lol