ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which ISP?

cock mobile.
Currently with Pipex, have been for years and they have always been good, no real issues.

I am paying just under £20 a month for 2Mb un capped and there appears to be much better deals out there.

Want it cheaper and preferably uncapped, or limitted to 10Gb (but one that tends to not charge if you go over)

Recommendations?

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
im on sky! some great offers on there if ur a sky customer already. 16mb for 10 quid a month no limit

Formally Clio 182
Don't touch AOL or Bulldog. They are s**t

My recommendation would be BT Total Broadband. 24/7 is very good from my own experience of connection issues.

VaVa
I'm with Sky, and they've been ace. No problems and nice and fast (~850KBps on 8Mb line).

The BB/ADSL gurus on here all plug Be though....

Clio 182ff
If your an existing O2 customer with your mobile, they have some great offers at the moment on 12 month contracts. £7.50 a month upwards

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
been with nildram for years, not the cheapest, but 8MB and they've been great.

Last edited:
  Monaro VXR
Go with Be, Great service, great speeds and cheap. Upto 24mbit down and 1.3mbit upload for £18 a month and unlimited usage. Can't go wrong.

Go with Be, Great service, great speeds and cheap. Upto 24mbit down and 1.3mbit upload for £18 a month and unlimited usage. Can't go wrong.

Yep, if Be are in your area, then go with them.. however, they don't have the best coverage ;)

Fabia vRS
been with nildram for years, not the cheapest, but 8MB and they've been great.

i am ex nildram tech support and i wouldn't even recommend them nowadays, they are owned by tiscali now and have transferred all their customers over to LLU and datastream, not good.

Monaco Ph2 172
We have BT at work and even though we are <1km from the exchange we still get outages on our business service. On top of that, the customer service at BT is appalling. My brother had BT home hub installed and said it was constantly shite. He also had major difficulties with BT CS acknowledging and then fixing the problem.

Personally I have been on ntl / Virgin cable for over 8 years and in that time have had 2 outages - and one of them was when my modem packed up. Can't really say what their customers service is like because I haven't really had to phone them! :) Couldn't recommend them enough.

cock mobile.
Cheers folks.

Just looked up Be; apparently my exchange is being enabled this month, how accurate do you think that is?

cock mobile.
Just spoke to Sky they can do 2 of the Entertainment Mixes, with 8Mb Broad band, limited to 40Gb usage and Sky talk for £22 a month.

SKY+ box is £49 with free install.

Seems pretty good, how does that sound to people with other deals?

Clio F1 R27
Just spoke to Sky they can do 2 of the Entertainment Mixes, with 8Mb Broad band, limited to 40Gb usage and Sky talk for £22 a month.

Does that include your line rental?

If not try TalkTalk. For £21 you get 8Mbps and they pay your BT line rental plus free landline calls to UK and most of Europe.

I've been on them for 18 months, customer service is shite but the contention is good and have only ever had one 2 hour outage.

cock mobile.

If not try TalkTalk. For £21 you get 8Mbps and they pay your BT line rental plus free landline calls to UK and most of Europe.

I've been on them for 18 months, customer service is s**te but the contention is good and have only ever had one 2 hour outage.

It does include sky talk, but he didn't say it covered my line rental, should it? I assume it was just a package on top of what I'd pay to BT each month.

Last edited:
Another for be/o2 here. Sky is good speed wise but its a b**ch if you have to phone tech support!

Clio F1 R27

I've been on them for 18 months, customer service is s**te but the contention is good and have only ever had one 2 hour outage.

It does include sky talk, but he didn't say it covered my line rental, should it? I assume it was just a package on top of what I'd pay to BT each month.

Yeah it probably is, hence why TalkTalk is quite a good deal. £21 for line rental and 8Mbps which comes on one bill.

Plus you get free uk calls and free calls to alot of other countries.

Why bother with Sky unless they're gonna give you a decent movie or sport package.

172, Tiguan
I'm looking as well as am getting sick and tired of Plusnet capping us for going over 4gb. Talk about stuck in the past!

I noticed Sky wanted £50 for setup though, which as we subscribe to all channels I thought was slightly harsh!

cock mobile.
I'm looking as well as am getting sick and tired of Plusnet capping us for going over 4gb. Talk about stuck in the past!

I noticed Sky wanted £50 for setup though, which as we subscribe to all channels I thought was slightly harsh!

Give them a call mate.

They said instantly dropped the £30 connection fee for me and halved the cost of the SKY+ box without really trying.

Its only £50 for them to come and set it up for you. If you can do it youself then there's no charge.

cock mobile.
Its only £50 for them to come and set it up for you. If you can do it youself then there's no charge.

£50 for the box and installation free, so they said.

Took the deal last night, guy phone at 7:30, I was like yer yer whatever just hurry it up lol.