ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which LSD?

cattlerustler

ClioSport Club Member
  Exige S Clio Cup
Only had my Clio a little while, it is a track car with a low boost conversion, I'm sure it is going to have more torque than grip even on hot R88Rs
What choices of LSD are out there? Also probably going to look at going high boost, can you just drop forged pistons in? and go to say 270hp?

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
MFactory for quaife performance for a few hundred £ less which is half a box rebuild

Or go all out an spend the extra £££ required an go gripper

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Even on a pure track car I wouldn't be too sure about a gripper, I know of various people who have had no end of issues with gripper diffs. On the flip side know numerous who have had zero issues

Never heard of any issues with a quaife or MFactory

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Even on a pure track car I wouldn't be too sure about a gripper, I know of various people who have had no end of issues with gripper diffs. On the flip side know numerous who have had zero issues

Never heard of any issues with a quaife or MFactory
There aren't any issues with grippers now I've pointed them in the right direction mate. I've worked with them to improve the product.

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
There aren't any issues with grippers now I've pointed them in the right direction mate. I've worked with them to improve the product.

Good to know mark, stellar work for the community once again by yourself. That being the case if funds permit and it's a track only car, gripper is the way forward