ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which ones to use?

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
It's going to be a foggy and cold day at snetterton tomorrow. I've got two sets of wheels and tyres to choose from: Should I use a set of PS3's, or swap for AD08s?

I can't comment on either of your tyres directly, as I had more extreme ends of the spectrum (Rainsports and A048s).

I found the Rainsports were impressive in what they coped with, but wet track only, too much heat and tread block movement on a dry track.

The A048 I was similarly impressed with in drying conditions, standing water it couldn't cope with but any hint of dry and it was pretty predictable.

As long as it's not wet, I'd be inclined to run the AD08s personally.

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I can't comment on either of your tyres directly, as I had more extreme ends of the spectrum (Rainsports and A048s).

I found the Rainsports were impressive in what they coped with, but wet track only, too much heat and tread block movement on a dry track.

The A048 I was similarly impressed with in drying conditions, standing water it couldn't cope with but any hint of dry and it was pretty predictable.

As long as it's not wet, I'd be inclined to run the AD08s personally.
I'm inclined that way too. Just too lazy to go out in the cold and swap them over and wanted to be able to justify my laziness.