ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Phone

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
I really am stuck on which phone to choose.

Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Sony Experia Z2
HTC One M8

Ive looked and played with all of them this afternoon, but still can't decide.
I would like anyone's opinions. Good or bad.

Cheers

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I got a one M8 last week - loving it so far - so much faster than the Galaxy S3 I had.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Neither had I personally but the Wife's had a couple.

To be honest androids android in my eyes - I just liked the look of this one more.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'm really liking the idea of an S5. The missus literally downloaded about 10 albums onto her phone the other night in a matter of minutes. Took me 3 hours to put 1 on my iPhone5.

That and the expandable memory. Oh and screen size (depending on the 6) is really making me question.

I love the Apple design. It's stunning but it's maybe time for a change. Who would have thunk it 2/3 years back.

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
One M8! Or there's the "HTC One" which is apparently the M8-mini.

That's what I'd have if I didn't have to have a work iPhone.

Mercedes AMG GLE 53
Im the same about Apple. All the phones ive listed are stunning. Im not in a major rush so will wait for more opinions.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
ive got an xperia Z and love it. really want to get the Z2

I love the fact I can wash it (yes OCD)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'd also consider the LG G3 and the new Nexus 6, but that probably wont be out until near christmas.

Clio 172
Avoid samsung stuff. They put something called bloat ware on their devices that not only takes up memory but over the life of the device slows it down more and more to the point it becomes unbearable in my experience. You cant take it off either. My girlfriend has the S3 and has for around 2 years now and its a pile of rubbish, its forever downloading and updating and crashing because of it. A couple of our good friends have the S4 and there's are doing the same 8 months after getting them.

I spoke to a chap in phones4u last week and he advised Sony Xperia range and HTC ONE M8 were the best on the android market at the moment. But to wait for the LG G3. The Nexus might be a good call as well depending on who gets the contract to make it. I am an iPhone ***** and have been for 6/7 years now... but might make the move after seeing some of the new devices.

Jack

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll compare the next Nexus released, was impressed with the last one, although it wasn't a long play I had with it.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm really happy with my Nexus 5. Still very fast and more than capable. You get used to the space very quickly too, after looking at my mates iPhone, they seem very small now.

I'm pretty sure you can flash the Samsung to get rid of any bloatware and install a new rom as my mate is considering doing it to his Note 2,it just means you can't use the pen software that comes with it.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Nexus 5 is unreal tbh. Especially for the price. My Mrs smashed her iphone 5 the other week so she's been using my old Nexus 4. She cannot believe how much quicker it is. She hated it for the first week, now she loves it.

LY 182
If you want to go Android I really think it's a no-brainer to go for the Nexus 5 outright and a SIM only deal. It's by far the most cost-effective route.

Incidentally, I'll be selling my Nexus 5 in a couple days :eek:

I'm really happy with my Nexus 5. Still very fast and more than capable. You get used to the space very quickly too, after looking at my mates iPhone, they seem very small now.

I'm pretty sure you can flash the Samsung to get rid of any bloatware and install a new rom as my mate is considering doing it to his Note 2,it just means you can't use the pen software that comes with it.

You can flash the Samsung and use latest version of android with no bloatware.

My S4 mini has been fine with the bloatware. Most of it has been disabled and the phone runs pretty well.

Friend has the S5... and its massive. They really are like mini tablets these days. The S4 and Nexus 5 would be as large as would want to go.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Will the S5 come with that bloatware? I don't understand all that flashing stuff.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah. Any Android phone other than Nexus will come with some software.
Samsung, Sony, LG etc all have their own operating system on top of Android.
Flashing it just means getting rid of everything and starting with fresh Android like the Nexus range.

Fiesta ST3
Here's a curve ball. The Moto X

Perfect size. Great price sim free, Great to hold. 4g. Gorgeous Amoled display. Beats my old Note 3 Hands down imo

It's not the latest flavour of the month phone and it hasn't got latest cpu etc but it's a pleasure to use. Go have a demo!

Sold my nexus 5 for one and not regretted it.

Will hold onto it until new iPhone gets announced later this year and see if it's worth getting

The new 2014 phones so far have not wow'ed me one bit (apart from the z2)

work for BMW
I'm very happy you are not considering a piece of s**t iphone!
I would say the nexus 5 would be the best value for money but the HTC one M8 is probably the best phone

Breamy

ClioSport Club Member
Love my Xperia z1. Much better than previous HTC phones. They always seem to have shocking battery life

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Had my Nexus 5 since Christmas, they came out a few months before IIRC.

Although I'm sure others can/will, I personally can't find fault in it at all. Fast, crisp, clean, just lacking a little on the speaker and camera front which matters not one single bit to me.

Given what it's capable of and the price it's available at I find it incredible people are happy to pay £100s more for something else which is only marginally 'better'!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah, Nexus has been out for a while but still very good.
As above, only let down by the speakers being fairly quiet. The camera isn't brilliant either but I don't use mine much for photo's, just the occasional time lapse (which has been taken off the new update for some reason)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
No complaints with the nexus 5 battery here either. Mine last a good day with heavy use and two with minimal use however am always near a charger if necessary.

Nexus 5 is good. My wife has one. Battery is nowhere near as good as my LG g2 though. I'd highly recommend g2. Cameras amazing!
Do prefer feel of nexus 5. Has nice soft feel shell. If your buying outright they sell for 300. Which is a bargain!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

sorry my mistake it seems we have met lol

ban.jpg