ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Pilot Sport 3's

Clio 200
Need four new tyres and will either be getting a set of PS3's or Eagle Asymmetric 2's.
Tempted by the Michelin at the moment but a little confused which one to buy. Tyre leader have 3 listed, one is the 83v rated and the others are the 87w XL.

I've done loads of searching and found that some people are fine with the 'v' rated whilst others think the sidewalls are soft and recommend the 'w' instead.

Was after a few more opinions, also from people using the Goodyears. Loved them on my old and couldn't fault them.

Thanks.

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
I use 87W on front and 83V on rear, the fronts carry more weight and have to work harder, thus the 87W having slightly stiffer sidewalls, I think its a good combination.
I seem to remember that this was the plan with the original Exalto.
I never use the car in anger, but it sticks like glue at modest speeds on the PS3's.

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
Go for the higher rated ones with 'extra loading' or whatever michelin call it, the normal ones sidewalls are way too soft even worse if youre coming from Exalto 2's to Pilot Sport 3's.