ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which remapped ecu ?

I fancy getting a remapped ecu for my 172FF.

I was gonna go and get it remapped somewhere but i was considering getting one of the ecu's they sent you already mapped and you return your own one to them.

k tec do a group n remapped one for £293.75

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=1966

As well as Bb Performance Tuning do one for £329.00

http://www.bbperformancetuning.co.uk/products/product.asp?id=74847

Hows do there ecu remaps fair against the RS Tuning one ? :S

Does Rstuning do a similar service remapped ecu for standard one in return ?

And what about the Gdi one ?

http://www.greydevilindustries.com/products/product.asp?id=20994

Whats the Group N remaps about ?

Are they the similar to normal remaps ?

black gold 182
i'd go to GDI but only because its local to me. bet theres not much in it between them.

but ktec's site quotes the bhp increase which is a tempting selling point.

clio 182
i wasa told to go to rstuning but dont know anyone whos gone there so iv held back a mo ,,,

Vectra 1.9 CDTi SRi 150
I'd say this was a bargain...........

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=297632

I bought mine off here for £153 unlocked, half price and I still have my original ECU if I need to revert back to standard. If you get yours re-mapped then your pretty much stuck with it or you would probably have to pay again to go back to standard. Theres isn't much between all the maps and no one has really proven theirs is much better than any other. I was advised by Nick Hill that a Grp N was more than adaquate with mild mods (IK, inlets, sports cat & zorst).
Alternatively you could consider the DIY route with the FastChips RS Tuner.

i think rstuning and ktec use the same mapping software so no diffrence between them just got a toss up between others theres 1 out the equation lol

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Our maps can be as custom as you need them to be. 295 for a basic map with no dyno setup, 345 to include before and afters or 395+ for a custom setup on the dyno.
Of course on our standard map theres probably nit much in a "group n" or is there! Never really tested back to back with the same car so who knows.

The one thing we can offer is mapping, and i'm confident not many in the uk can map stock ecu's very well at all! Trust me i have seen some really really poor maps, far too rich, far too lean etc.

Paul

03 Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique
So 6-8bhp overall is the best you can hope for on the 1x2's?

Would a nice exhaust for a similar price with an air filter + few other minor engines mod's not achieve that with ease, or should the ultimate power increase always stem from the ECU in your opinions?

RSC 172
Yes definately have a look, Fastchip RSTuner will allow first class remaps plus half a dozen other abilities inc a self dyno facility all for half the price of a standard 'one off' mapping service. I have received really great on-line service and suppoprt the whole way.

You would insane not to get it. Think about it..you can still get a normal off the shelf mapping and then analyse (data log) / self dyno it with the RSTuner, back it up..load a Fastchip .cal..self dyno that..sit in your car and choose the one you like. Then test all you mods as you fit them and perhaps request another remap later from Henk later..2 mins and it's loaded. It's all free after the intial outlay logging and dyno'ing. You own the device. I could go on..check it out..down load the manual..

http://www.fastchip.nl/

Call me what you like but this RSTuner is fantastic value.

RSC 172
See below - this is one of the posts listed above on OZrs. I'll find some more.

Well I have finally made amends and taken the opportunity to compare the original ECU map with the Fastchip map loaded onto the car with the RSTuner device. I am glad to say that the results are very pleasing. I have added notes to the graphs. Just a few notes 1st - Henk has asked us to ignore the figures and focus on the curves and the differences as there is a bug in the peak vales and scale values.
Conditions
Today was 28 degress ambient / no wind. I went out bush to a series of flat sections of rd x 2. They look dead flat but prob have a very slight gradient (GPS would be good) as you get diff figs in opposite directions. I did a consistent set of runs in a particular order over the same sections of road in the same directions. Hence I could compare a lot more accurately the differences. The runs as graphed would have been 20 mins apart. I did the original tune runs first / reload Fastchip tune / then seconset of runs. The only dumb thing I did was do all the Fastchip runs with my window down so lost a bit there. Ambient temps were up 10 degs on last time I went out so figs about 4 points lower. Still the results are there.
Acronyms used
FC - Fastchip the company that makes the RSTuner (Henk)
OT - Original tune
LD - logged data run
PA - Performance Analyser run
AveK - average knock signal
KC - knock correction
Results 0-100 km/hr stock - in this LD run overall the AveK was low with no KC seen well into 4th gear = good
aV1iKCk9.jpg

Results 0-100 km/hr RSTuner remap - in this LD run the results were the same as above but the car was quicker to 100 km/hr. I am sure there is more tune available.
PqbBLXr.jpg

Results for PA runs - I did 4 comparo's in total however to save time and allow for the maps to 'bed' in I have included the last two. They pretty well all looked the same re results.
aV1iM9BJ.jpg

PqbCrlS.jpg

All in all very pleasing. If you haven't got one of these RSTuners and think it may be a good idea..jump on the group buy that's closing soon. There is a definate improvement in the cars feel / pwr and general drivability :D

RSC 172
This commparo is for two diff cars whilst the one above is just my car. These cars are the remapped RSC via the RSTuner and the other is a stock 172. Enjoy. - Mase
------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all - today racingroo and I went out and did some data logging using the RSTuner. We both have 172's. Roo's is absolutely stock where as I have a panel filter, samco hose and slightly enlarged CAI. Both have stock exhausts. I weigh 96 kgs and Roo 66 kgs. You will see the difference in the car's total weights on the Performance analyser charts as you have to make sure you get the weight for the whole car plus driver etc as close to correct as possible. I weighed my car inc me etc on a weigh bridge yesterday and got 1190 kgs.
Please note the following comments:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There appears to be some inconsistencies in the PA data which I am seeking clarification from Henk at Fastchip regarding. The Perf Analyser is a new feature and what you are really seeing is in my books 'testing'. It will be refined over time. It must be used on a dead flat rd / minimal wind. The PA feature of the RST we found to be very sensitive to the slope on the rd and poss wind speed and direction so all runs shown here are as closely matched conditions as possible and represent our 'best' runs under those conditions so read into them what you will - they are posted for your enjoyment and are not meant to be absolute.
I have passed all my query's to Henk from Fastchip and will post back up his comments
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note - I have ommitted a whole range of parameters we logged for clarity of images.
0-100 times: Stock RSC 172: 7.5 secs

Pq4_ZmlA.jpg

0-100 times: RSTuner 172 with mods listed above: 6.7 secs
Note - I did a big wheel spin in first...you can see that on the chart...whoops. Not my style :oops:
aVz_c1S.jpg

RSTuner Performance Analyser results - both cars on the one graph: Car 1 stock / Car 2 modified .cal etc
aVz_m0r.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Car 1 had a strange torque peak at low rpms that threw out the peak figure a fair bit in relation to rpms. Note also there are inconsistencies between the peak figures, curves and scales. I will try to get clarification on this and will post later.
Thanks Roo for the morning. Was good fun :D .
Cheers all. Make of this data / results what you will. Some of the modified RSC's runs were very similiar in result to the 'stock' RSC over the same section of the road. The only real difference was a mid range torque gain which is what the RSTuner is meant to achieve.
Various edits for spelling x 2 / addition comments

RSC 172
This is the first testing I did. Note how consistent the 0-100 km/hr the times are. This shows better the data logging you can do. There are another 20 or so parameters you can log and review plus all the other fault code checking etc. - Mase
-----------------------------------------------------
I did for interest some 0-100's. I used a long very flat country road. Roll to a stop and the subtley went WOT as I am not into hammering the clutch or making wheelie noises :)
Fuel - BP Ultimate
Temp - 18 degrees
Eng. Mods - GC panel filter, enlarged CAI, Fastchip ECU cal.
Logs created in RST ver 1.5 which is an improvement on the last with some bugs eliminated.
If measuring from where the speed trace starts to rise and where I hit 102 k's in the first run, the chart indicated 6.7 secs per below. I simply subract to figs to get the diff.
aV5et7JJ.jpg

The second run is below and using the same logic to 100k's it returned 6.5 secs
Pq4cyxd0.jpg

Comments: - you can see that even though I did come to a full stop the graph shows 4 km/hr in the top one and 6 km/hr in the second initially. I think there is a slight delay. I did not want to stop for too long idling on the road. Next time I will stop for 5 secs or so (maybe). I might even 'drop the clutch' too..but I find that very hard to do. If I extend the selected time period to enable encorporation of leading or lagging parameters I still get around 7.0 secs or less. So even worse case scenario she's still moving pretty quick for a 172.
I know it's not an exact science but it's good fun and certainly feels pretty quick. Henk assures me the data is accurate inc the time measurements.
So all in all very happy :mrgreen: with the calibration Henk made for me and I suspect now Aust in general for the 172. The 2nd run I went WOT to high 6's in 4th. I had absolutely no knock correction at all. Amazing.
Next I want to get my head around the Performance Analyser feature. Will report back on this when I do.
Group buy is on still in the 'group buy section' if anyone else wants the bargain of a century BFYB RSC kit then join in.
Cheers all,
Mase :D

RSC 172
Everyone must also realise you start with a generic map, data log it, henk reviews your logs, tweeks to your car, reload, test, data log, review..etc till done. Prob end up loading 2-3 maps. Takes but a few minutes to load. You GET a RR (dyno) with the RSTuner..and it's free to test.

Bargain! I am very happy with this and it's a whole load of fun. I would that much money just to have this much fun!