ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which sat-nav

my dads got it in his mk2 172 (factory fitted)
he has the idea that if my mum had it (just a portable one etc) in her focus shed drive further & to more places (she hates maps)

i know about tom tom, what else is there out there?
we are looking at ones which plug into the cig lighter & are portable.
how much are they roughly ??

Im watching pulling power as well at the min, but there arent going into much detail !

artic blue 182

ive got the navman icn 510 never had any probs with it well pleased:) small enough to fit in your pocket when your done as well

329.99 on amazon now

Beetle

parents got a portable one from halfords, think its medion, for bout £250, very good for what they need from it.

does the tom tom just plug into the cigarete lighter & thats it ?
or do you need to run som wires somwhere ?

Ford Fiesta

think the tomtom is an all in one unit, unless you need a seperate antenna for UV screen.

i have a hp palmtop with tom tom on it. absolutly excellent and its small enough to carry in your pocket whilst doing anything.

I have heeard that some of them are not compatible with heated front screens, is this true ??
as her car has a heated front screen.

I got a Medion handheld unit from Aldi for £230, a newer version than the one in Halfords and cheaper to boot. Works well enough, although ive yet to go on a long journey to really test it.

RB 182

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 12 August 2005
think the tomtom is an all in one unit, unless you need a seperate antenna for UV screen.

You can buy an external aerial for it to put the aerial in a better place for signal.

bump it up.
What else is there out there ??
quite a few people on here seem to have plug in sat nav, what have you got ??

plus any decent websites would be much appreciated.
thanks.
Craig.

Skoda Fabia vRS

Motor World do one for £300 that has speed cameras on it......its the same one Halfords do for £280 however their version doesnt have speed cameras on it

53 plate 172

Garmin have a a new streetpilot i3 out at the moment for £200. Anybody know about them and whether they work with UV screen?

Thanks

shes not fussed about knowing where speed cames are tbh, just decent simple to use one will be brill, in fact the easier to use the better !

i have been looking at a navman pin 570, cheapest i have found it £264.00 inc vat, reading various reviews they it seems good, plus it stouch screen too.
any one got any navman sat nav ??

artic blue 182

Quote: Originally posted by cat171 on 02 September 2005

i have been looking at a navman pin 570, cheapest i have found it £264.00 inc vat, reading various reviews they it seems good, plus it stouch screen too.
any one got any navman sat nav ??
i got the icn 510 brought the european maps on cd off ebay the other day for a tenner :) just need to buy a bigger sd card now...would recommend the navman to anyone great bit of kit and fits nicely in the pocket unlike the tomtoms

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

I borrowed my Dads Medion unit he got from Halfords when I went to Le Mans earlier this year. It took me right from my driveway in Bournemouth to Portsmouth port and then from Caen ferry-terminal to Le Mans with no probs. But, I needed to buy the extra aerial for it for my 182 tho as the heat-reflective windscreen blocked the GPS signal.

artic blue 182

no you will need the extra attena thingy if its got a heated screen,it worked on my 1.4 dynamique without it but my 182 needs it...if you get one give me a pm and i will burn the euro maps and send em to ya mate :)