ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which size tires do I need for these alloys?

WRX
Which alloys?
Assuming 6.5 or 7J:
15" are generally either 195/50 or 205/50
16" 195/45 or 205/45.

Renault Clio
Also, will going from 15s to 16s affect anything? And because Im spraying them black I need to notify the insurance company, but will they charge much do you reckon?

WRX
Haven't got a clue on insurance. I think if they are still Renault alloys it doesn't change much. If just for road use then 195s. Just to make sure you know that if you have steels on now, then you will probably need new tapered bolts, as steels usually have radiused ones.

Renault Clio
Haven't got a clue on insurance. I think if they are still Renault alloys it doesn't change much. If just for road use then 195s. Just to make sure you know that if you have steels on now, then you will probably need new tapered bolts, as steels usually have radiused ones.

Cheers mate, and nah I've got the 15 inch mahonia alloys on at the minute.

WRX
45s are factory size, so what they decided was the best overall compromise. Should give similar overall rolling radius to what you have. They'll look better too.

Renault Clio
45s are factory size, so what they decided was the best overall compromise. Should give similar overall rolling radius to what you have. They'll look better too.

Ok mate, also, which is better, having them spray painted or powder coated?
thanks for all of your help btw.

Renault Clio
I would go powdercoated.

I thought that at first, but Im seeing lots of reviews that say if you brake hard the heat ruins them or something and if they get chipped it looks crap? It's so hard to make a decision when you know nothing about it, and when I'm paying this much money I don't want to mess them up :(

WRX
Generally more resistant to chip damage from what I've seen. If you're only using on the road, I would think they'll be okay. It's usually top track pads that give off lots of dust (or VERY cheap road pads)

WRX
Yes used them recently, excellent for the money. They can fit tyres for you too, for a bit extra. Turnaround is about a week but apparently do a sameday service for £45 each.

Renault Clio
​Right so my canasta alloys for my black mk3 Clio will be here Monday morning. My original plan was to have them powder coated either satin or mat black, not sure which looks better, with white diamonds on the wheels and the front/back of the car. I'm starting to think that the white diamonds would look awesome on the wheels, but not the front and back of the car. So now I'm unsure whether to have them white, leave them chrome, or just stealth it out and have black/anthracite diamonds...

​thoughts??