ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which spark plugs???

anything
i have a lumpy idle just ever so slightly tho . but its annoying ive a mate who works for renault who says its the plugs can annyone recomend decent plugs or should i just go the standard renault route at 60 quid

thanks

Fabia vRS
NGK PRF6E-10 no problems. Bargain on ebay. I personally don't see the point in these expensive iridium tip plugs. The F4R engine is supposed to run lumpy anyhow, no need to worry about that.

Lots of Alfas
Depends on which engine it is as they all use different plugs depending on engine size and year.

genuine renault are NGK PFR6E-10, you pay £30 for the renault cardboard!

is this right?

ive been told to get renault ones, as the cheap non-geuine plugs i have are confusing my trip computer, due too the resistance of the plug.

if the above are definately exactly the same that would save me some money!

thanks

PH1 172 Sport
Get the ones in DA's link as they are the same that Renault supply. Not sure how spark plugs can have anything to do with the trip computer though??

Fabia vRS
You what?

is this right?

ive been told to get renault ones, as the cheap non-geuine plugs i have are confusing my trip computer, due too the resistance of the plug.

thanks

Da

Less
is this right?

thanks

Buy the ones in my link as said, Renault fit NGK plugs and add £30 on the price for the privilege!
Oh and they are in a Renault branded box as Fred states.

Fabia vRS
I just changed the plugs on my 172. PFR6E-10's came out and brand new PFR6E-10's from ebay went in - Job done!

LiquidRich

ClioSport Club Member
  LY R27
I was quoted £80 just for the plugs by a dealer few years back, I lol'd
Went down the road got the same plugs but in an NGK box for £35 and the cars been fine for the last 18 month

Fabia vRS
there is a tech note sayng to use only NGK PFR6E-10

Obviously you should only use the recommended plug for a particular engine.

I was more surprised by the trip computer comment. Does the coilpack actually do a resistance test of each spark plug to determine whether or not they are the correct ones for the engine?

awesome cheers guys.

as said there is some sort of renault bulletin that mentions various problems arising due to fitting the wrong / 'non-genuine' spark plugs.

wierd i know but trip computer was definately listed.

anything
ive got the socket cro but being used to honda you only have to remove a thin peice of plastic to get at them , im not used to it

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
will these work in the 182? as the guy selling them on ebay has them listed for the 172 at £28 and the 182 at £43 ???