ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which suspension for camber?

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All,

I've got a set of GAZ coilovers on my car, not the best but we've had a lot of fun on track. I've combined this with some solid top mounts (K-tec) and Eibach camber bolts but I've only been able to get around -2 degrees, no matter how much playing around or slackening off... perhaps I'm doing it wrong and need to get it setup properly (anywhere near South Wales, Gloucestershire, Wiltshire etc?)

Alternatively, I could go down the route of getting decent suspension although I'd want it to be more easily configured than having to use camber bolts - any ideas what I should be looking out for? This is for the front by the way, the backs are perfect with camber shims.

Thanks
Rhys

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi Nick, hope you're well mate...

Yeah the Gaz are alright, could do with stiffer springs though! OK that's a fair point, need to figure out which direction it would need to be slotted in, i.e. if it's parallel or diagonal away from the original bolt hole etc.

Hi Nick, hope you're well mate...

Yeah the Gaz are alright, could do with stiffer springs though! OK that's a fair point, need to figure out which direction it would need to be slotted in, i.e. if it's parallel or diagonal away from the original bolt hole etc.

Yeah not too bad thanks mate you?

I presume it goes parallel but don't quote me on that, hopefully someone will clarify that.

The slot won't be parallel, will arch in and downwards slightly - you'll be using the bottom mount as a pivot so it can't be parallel, (I've had mine machined and it took an age to mark out the lines on the first one).

Or just use a round ole b'stard (file) like Tony did.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Just bear in mind if slotting it that it can then slip and straighten up.

Not too horrific on a clio as the steering arm is low, but could still be enough to cause a spin if you are cornering really hard when it happens (I had it happen to me on a corsa years ago)

Ideally you would fill in the hole with weld, and then drill a new one in the correct place (and then fine tune with a camber bolt)