ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whining from speakers with engine? :s

K20 EG Hatch
Right i have fitted in my car rainbow slc 230 components, alpine 2 chnl amp and a alpine 9812 HU. All fitted with a 4 guage descent wiring kit.
Anyways it sounds really good other than i can hear like a "light" humming when the track is on a quiet part but if i pause it, it goes!
I could live with that but just lately i have been every now and then gettin a whining with the engine and as the engine revs it gets louder :s WTF?
Is there anything i can do to stop either of these niggles?

Thanks

Tesla MP3 2021
btw are they good components...
im looking for some when i get some ££££££££

either rainbow or focal

Polo + Micra
bad earth first

if it was this magical interfierence(sp) then it would of happended from the second you turned it on

K20 EG Hatch
thanks guys :)
I will check the earth today and let you know how i got on.

and yes they are very good components :) cant go wrong for under 200 squids.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
hi dan, as others have said make sure youve sanded the paint down to bare metal where your connecting your earth.

i had the same prob at first but my rcas were 2 blame. i ended up buying a set of £30 ones from halfrauds that had metal end covers and i found if they were touching the headunit shell then the noise would go so something funny with earth but ive never to this day found out why its like it is

MK1 Clio 16v
It's either the earth or the audio cables leading to/from the amps are picking up interfereance along the way.

The whining noise you hear is the sound of the current increasing in the power cables. When you rev the engine, the alternator speeds up, and creates more power, which is what causes it to whine relative to the engine RPM.

I have this problem in my car but my power cables are on a seperate side to my audio cables. The problem i have is that the power cable terminals are close to the audio out terminals on my amps, so naturally the cables are close together. Hmm..

Clio 1.2 mk2
i have exactly the same prob with my set of 6x9s and like kiz my power and rca leads are running on opposite sides of the car. Also i have gutted out the back of the car so im not short of places to connect ground cable to. Im going to try connecting the ground in a few different places and if that doesnt work ill be looking into upgrading or re-laying all the wires throughout the car. A very annoying and lengthy process but there is only so much 'buzzing' i can take.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
what headunits do you all have out of interest? wondering if its brand specific
ive got a pioneer and it whines if im not careful

Polo + Micra
yeah and think how close the audio and power cables are inside the amp

and all the switching devices giving off lovely EMI

K20 EG Hatch
well i had it earthed to the seat belt under the rear seat bolt. Now i am filing/sanding down the beam thing that goes behind the rear seats, the actual boot floor and gonna see how it is then, this is how i done my 1.2 clio and had no problems there.

K20 EG Hatch
i have just done that /\ /\
sanded it all down and it now seems fine! :) woohoo touch wood.
thanks for the advice guys....