ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White marks over black trim

BG Clio 182
With this crap weather we'ev had recently, i have noticed loads of white marks appearing on my wing mirror trim, on the plastic under the windscreen, and the door trim by the wing mirror. In the brief break in the weather today i tried shifting it with some shampoo. But it didn't seem to shift it.

Any tips or recommendations on how i can make my black trim look like new, and shift these marks??

1.2 clio dynamique
Try a pencil rubber, and there are many products you can use to make it look good, the best ive heard is gtechniq c4, i personally use some black trim wax i got from halfords but its quite messy and doesn't last very long so i shall be investing in something else when ive used it all :)

BG Clio 182
I may look into the Gtechniq stuff, once the wet weather passes and i can give the car a decent clean.

172 cup
hair dryer!! if that fails.. the heat brings the black back out but be careful not to hold it in the same place for long - (waving motion) - but yeh clean it first to see if it comes off

There's a difference between removing it, and covering it up.
Ideally you need to use a pencil rubber/All purpose cleaner to remove off the plastic first, then use a plastic restore product.
Otherwise it'll just wash off and the marks will still be there.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
first off you need to identify what and where these marks are coming from, my guess is some kind of polish from the paint getting onto the plastics?

covering it up and not removing it is a waste of time, as it will always show through after a good wash. use a proper all purpose cleaner or degreaser, pencil rubber to remove properly.

Then protect the plastics, and unless you're pretty experienced with detailing GTechniq C4 is not the product for you. get the prep or the application wrong and it will look awful and is a nightmare to remove. AutoFinesse revive i probably the best I've used for plastics