ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White smoke out of rear?!?!

Inferno 182FF
This morning driving to work I noticed under hard acceleration in the rear view mirror a load of white smoke!! I backed off obv and it went. Prior to this I'd already drove about 7 miles under normal driving conditions and down a dual carriageway so engine was warm and didnt notice anything prior to this.

I've just give it a full service inc oil change, all filters, etc. Also just fitted new power steering pressure sensor as it was leaking.

Any ideas?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Most likely loads of water in an old exhaust matey, pretty normal tbh.

Inferno 182FF
Yeah safe to say I made a little brown fish! Had visions of head gasket going! Had no loss of power like and engine didn't feel any different. Anything I can do to make sure? If I drive it hard for a few mile it should go right?

Inferno 182FF
Is it a noticeable diff if it's blue tho?! And wouldn't it be always present if it was blue?

Passat
Blue smoke is valve stem seals isn't it? Not that I know what I'm talking about.

Yours sounds like water in a hot exhaust. Don't worry. White is alright. Blue is time to poo.

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
Blue smoke is valve stem seals isn't it? Not that I know what I'm talking about.

Yours sounds like water in a hot exhaust. Don't worry. White is alright. Blue is time to poo.
Blue smoke = Burning oil
White smoke = Water
Black smoke = Unburnt fuel.

White smoke isn't always ok, as it can be caused by the head gasket going.

Inferno 182FF
Well drove home and hammered it all the way and it was fine. No smoke out the back at all!!!! Happy as f**k!