ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White V6? Hmmmm....

'02 MG TF160
I'm looking for a project, and the thought has crossed my mind (after seeing the current crop of white Clios popping up), that i've never seen anyone do it to a V6.

The way i see it is, pick up a Ph1 V6 (c£10k), then spend £1k on some nice anthracite compomotive 6-spokes, and a further £1.5k on a full respray in either flat, or pearl white.

Then get the side intakes done in anthracite to match the wheels.

Anyone got decent photoshopping skills to show me what it'd look like?

In my head i'm thinking it'll look awesome, what does everyone else think? It'll certainly be different!!

Definetly be different and will prob give the car even more road presence than before.

If you have the money to do all that then I would say do it.

'02 MG TF160
Well I did have £15k earmarked for a car, but i reckon i could spend £13k on this, and probably not lose any money on it over say, 6 months.

Of course, for £15k, a Meggy R26 is mighty tempting in 6months time...

I don't see the point personally, all you'd be left with was a resprayed V6 in many peoples eye when you came to sell it. I doubt it would any value to the vehicle.

Well I did have £15k earmarked for a car, but i reckon i could spend £13k on this, and probably not lose any money on it over say, 6 months.

Of course, for £15k, a Meggy R26 is mighty tempting in 6months time...

id have a meggy R26 anyday over a m2 ph1 v6- even if it is white!!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Would think a V6 would keep it's value better than a Meg? I say do it, doubt you'd get bored quickly of a V6.

When white goes out of fashion it will be about as easy to sell as a beige Hyundai on 170k.
People you used to go mad for Silver when it was the in colour, you will notice alot of cars around 2001 are Silver. A few years on and its considered nothing special.

182 Cup Racing Blue
The new Golf w12 is white.....................enough said.....that looks awesome.....white is no where near going out of fashion. I think a V6 in white would look rather good!

'02 MG TF160
Why not just buy Forza 2 and paint the V6 white on that, much cheaper surely?

Ummm, because I want to actually drive it? :rasp:

I doubt any V6 would drop much value over 6 months. Plus i doubt white is going to go out of fashion that soon either.

The plan is to do the white V6, keep it for 6 months or so til the novelty has worn off, then get the Meggy R26....

'02 MG TF160
Probably, but sometimes you've just got to take a gamble on whether something will look awesome - i'm planning on having it ready for FSC 2008 - personally I reckon it'll cause a stir...

'02 MG TF160
Ooooh a white R26 would be interesting, but as has been mentioned, its the Golf W12 that has peaked my interest, and a V6 Clio seems like the best way to get close to it...

VW-Golf-GTI-W12-Concept-7-lg.jpg

Tangoed Works
Doubt that golf will every go into production. Its a miracle that the R32 did considering how boring the brand is. VW=solid dependable and reliable. Fun is not a part of the equation.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
Depends how much you really want a white V6 I guess? You shouldn't lose too much over 6 months but the colour won't make a jot of difference to the price imo.

'02 MG TF160
Oooh that would look good - any idea how much they are?

I'm glad some people are seeing my vision of coolness!

Any photoshoppers out there want to prove me right/wrong?

Mercedes C Class Sport
erm im not sure to be honest matey, i remember seeing some on ebay a while back. I'll have a look now

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
The golf w12 is in production, or at least.. one has been made, fully working.

it was at a recent dub show, emence.

I hope they do produce it.

'02 MG TF160
I'll even make it easy for you, here's the K-Tec car with the correct wheels.

If someone could just do it in white, with carbon sidepods i'd be mighty grateful....

Attachments

• V6.jpg
    V6.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 80
  megane
im with yer on this 1 , wil look sweet as, take that white 172 (i think its a 172??) on here with the white wheels an black trims, thats a stunner an im sure yours would be,

u only live once!!

aparently lol

£1.5k on a full respray in either flat, or pearl white.

It sounds like it would look cool imo :) but unless you know someone thats going to give you 50% off... I wouldnt want a £1500 respray done on my old V6... the paint is the most important part that makes or breaks a car.. would be wise to spend some more and get a top quality finish imo.