ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White, Wax Marks on Bumpers

RS Meg 175
What is the best way to avoid getting those white smudgeymarks on the rubber seals on the windows and sunroof? and the bumpers and the black plastic parts like on the bonnet by the windscreen, boot surround, handles, aerial base?

Driving me insane! looks ok for about a day then the marks come up and look amateur lol

Cheers lads and ladies :)

Cooper S JCW
To get the white marks I have been told to use peanut butter - not tried it yet but it is supposed to work - crunchy or smooth though!?!

dont get polish on the black plastic bits, mask off the black plastic bits, or bit of water, and a nail brush, then sume back to black on a cloth.

RS Meg 175
i dont mask em but i might do :p
ive used back to black before and ddint really work that well...
How can i get a really shiny effect on the bumpers that is really durable tho? obv without them white marks lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
i know it sounds daft, but use some more polish and a bit of elbow grease and it will take the awful white marks clean off. Trust me.

RS Meg 175
^^^ lol ooooo :S playing with fire there son lol

Might give shoe polish a go :p
im going to take the bumpstrips off for when i next polish a wax lol sod that
Any other tricks?

RS Meg 175
lol ok may try this...but stilll it begs the question.........Crunchy or smooth? lol
i bet its just the butter/oil in the stuff that glosses the surface of the plastic tbh :S

back to black by itself wont work as its just an oil. You need to clean it off with water and a scrubbing brush firts, this removes the white marks. The back to black just puts the colour back to the plastic

Full Fat 182
AG rubber and vinyle with a stiff brush, or toothbush works very well. You can get some wax blaster which removes wax and polish residue from textured rubber or plastic.

wax blaster

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Matta_88 said:
^^^ lol ooooo :S playing with fire there son lol

Might give shoe polish a go :p
im going to take the bumpstrips off for when i next polish a wax lol sod that
Any other tricks?

Trust me!!!
My godson helped me clean my car many years ago, and polished the grey plastic bumpers on my rover 214 sli ( :cool: )
I did the whole polish it off with polish trick and it works...

Failing this, go to the shell garage and lob a quid in the jetwash, and blast the s**t out.

106 GTi
AG Bumper Care and on old soft tooth brush for me on textured trim.

Rubber seals etc Clearkote Vannilla Moose Handglaze.

i mite be being stupid but i thought i heard that using vinegar(excuse spelling) works to get polish out using a brush aswell of course but am yet to try it

Chocolate Bar™
best thing ive found is trim gel off carwashnwax. its absolutely awesome if you reapply it regularly. i.e. once a fortnight

F

fletchie

Peanut Oil does work a treat (much easier than peanut butter) and so does Autoglyn green stuff - that really is brill for bringing bumpers back to their former glory. I also use it on the interior plastic - leaves a really glossy shine.

Trust me on this one - I'm the world's worst for geting white wax on the plastic trims.

Jean

Mk1 1.4 RT
I used some Meguairs Trim Detailer on my black bits and I was amazed, looked brand new. Lasts longer than B2B and other spray silicones too.