ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whiteline ARB and Sportlines VS Ktec Coilovers

Yozza'd RB cup
Hi

Im looking to buy either of these set ups soon.
Wondering which would be better?

Im unlikely to ever take it round a track but I do like to give it some now and again.

Thanks

James

350z GT
No roll...and it looks jus low enough for the Arch gap not to look too big

plus Front end bite is now spot on...

Stripped yozza'd cup
I really liked the look of mine on sportlines before I switched to 15's. I'd go for sportlines and whiteline over el cheapo coilovers.

2004 ph2 172
I popped sportlines on my 172 a long time ago. The difference in handling was very noticable: A huge improvement. It closed up the arch gaps a little too: pleasing.
While ordering some wheels from 'Tweeks I asked them to bung in an ARB at the same time... looking forward to getting that and fitting it.

However... I want to go lower and stiffer as I'm heading towards the trackday machine route.... and it seems that you need to spend large amounts to get something that works well.

If you're using it as a daily, I'd go sportlines and ARB if I were you... cheaper, more standard, and still a great improvement in handling.

Megane 225 F1
I have the sportline and a rear ARB fitted to mine and it handles amazingly. I would deffo recommend it over cheapo coilovers. Mine is on 15 inch wheels and the arch gap isn't that bad but when it was on 16s the arch gap was spot on.

Clio Mk2 Ph3
None have ARB in stock.Damon Tweek wrote me via e-mail,they ll have in 4-5 days.So i order one(17-3),and i m waiting:cool:

Ph2 Clio 172
From what I can gather from my latest email around everywhere, there are not any Whiteline ARBs in the UK and wont be untill next month at the earliest.

Looking for 182
Here's my 2 pence, but bear in mind I am not massively knowledgeable on this kind of subject, however I have had Sportlines, KTEC coilovers, and now KTEC coilovers with a rear adjustable ARB (similar to the Whiteline one).

Sportlines = Great handling, comfortable, although were a bit uncomfortable near the end as I think my schocks were going. Sat a bit high for my liking

KTEC coilovers = Ride height is spot on now (obviously, as it;s adjustable), much firmer ride which is great on good roads, but over bad country roads it's a little uncomfortable and can be a bit lively. Handling wise, I never had much confidence, it felt like my car understeering a bit too much, but obviously this could be down to how they were setup (although I did have laser alignment and stuff done, but ride height was done by me)

KTEC coilovers & ARB = In my opinion this is the perfect balance of looks and handling. The car handles better than when I just had Sportlines, it's incredible (even though my tyres need replacing). I can't wait until I get near tyres later this week. It is just point and go, no understeer, no uncontrollable oversteer. I can fling it round corners now and pretty much put it where I want it. Comfort is still a slight issue, it's a little bumpy and when I have passengers in the car (rarely) I do feel a bit awkward about it, but on my own I don't care too much.

So, my thoughts. Sportlines and ARB I have no doubt will be incredible, and if you want a comfortable ride and great handling, without too much concern for it looking low then go for it. Sportlines obviously lower it a bit, but my personal preference was to have it a little lower than that. If you're not fussed about ride height, it's a no brainer; go for Sportlines and ARB as I'm sure it will be amazing.

If you want it lower and don't mind a slightly bumpier ride, then go for KTEC coilovers and if you can stretch for an ARB now, or further down the line, then I'd highly recommend it. I'm not sure I would recommend KTEC coilovers on their own though, as for me before I fitted the ARB the handling was the same, if not slightly worse than standard, although the ride was firmer and there was less body roll.

Long and short of it, if nothing else, get an ARB :)

I hope this helps, these are of course just my opinions based on driving with standard cup suspension, sportlines, KTEC coilovers, and now KTEC coilovers with an ARB. I am not an expert.

To summarise, based on my experiences, handling performance (on good roads) was from best to worse:

KTEC coilovers & ARB
Sportlines
Cup suspension
KTEC coilovers

I imagine Sportlines & ARB would be top of that list if I tried it.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
The ARB is my next upgrade. That should do me for a little while then as I already have KTEC coilovers, all the poly bushes, uprated engine and gearbox mounts, new OEM top mounts and 4 new V12s :)

Off to 'Tweeks on Saturday for tracking!