ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whiteline arb fitting

Had a go at fitting this the other day, got the rear suspension bolts about half way off an they became really hard to undo any more to take off completly. Got a bit worried as I didnt think I would get them back on, just managed to tho.

Am I not doing something right here, does anyone know?

Cheers

Arctic Blue FF 182
Most likely some dirty/rubbish/ corrosion on the threads. Get some WD40 or similar on there and leave for a bit to help free it all up a bit. If it gets really tight, I wouldn't recommended just going balls out on the bolt as they can shear. Work the bolt in and out a bit is needed.

Most likely some dirty/rubbish/ corrosion on the threads. Get some WD40 or similar on there and leave for a bit to help free it all up a bit. If it gets really tight, I wouldn't recommended just going balls out on the bolt as they can shear. Work the bolt in and out a bit is needed.

I might undo it to the point where it gets really tight an leave some wd40 on it, see if that helps..... i didnt know if i need the car jacked up more or anything like that. I had a jack supporting under the spring but only really just taking slight tension. It feels like the suspension arm is really pushing down on the bolt so when its off its all gonna come flying out lol

CursedTitanium 182FF
Tighten it all back up, wire brush the end of the bolt then spray liberally with WD40. Leave it an hour or so then have at it.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I had a jack supporting under the spring but only really just taking slight tension. It feels like the suspension arm is really pushing down on the bolt so when its off its all gonna come flying out lol

You don't want to be supporting the car under the rear beam, you need to have the car's weight support elsewhere. It's good to have something under the beam/ wheel to just hold it up stop the beam dropping right down, but it can't be supporting the car.

Then as 1812lsd says, clean up the thread and get some WD on it