ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who has had the pops and bangs over run map and regretted it?

Fabia vrs tdi
Hello

Considering either buying another Renault sport as a second car or selling my current car for a really nice example.

When I had my rb 182 I was interested in the pops and bangs map for a bit of fun, just wondering what peoples opinions are on it now after it's been out a while.

I'm looking for another racing blue 182 with both cup packs, if we sell our current car I'll go for a 182 trophy.

I have a fabia vrs tdi at the moment mapped to 170/290 and it's very fast I'd have to say quicker than the 182 from 30-80 - not as economical as I thought due to rising diesel prices and the short commute everyday it's just the wrong choice

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
sounds a waste of fuel in this economic climate but I do like the sound..

Fabia vrs tdi
My average speed is 14mph I'd only get it poppin rarely but might be nice to have and can't see it effecting mpg if I keep below 4.5k

But...... Can anyone live with it is it so annoying after a few weeks you want to cut your ears off

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
Some people get pissed off with it but some people love it, im looking at it because I use my car for the weekend blast and not a commute but tbh u don't really go over 4.5-5k by accident so it can be controlled :)

Fabia vrs tdi
I read a post from dave I think it was, he said it was the biggest mod he regretted and it did effect mpg - found it on a search to see if henk had released it for the 182 yet. If henk said he was going to release it or gave a release date last October I prob would have kept my 182

Mk5 golf gti
the original one was suppose to be a bit unbareable

but this one is more tame with it kicking in above 4.5k

i havent got it yet but will soon

just stay below 4.5k when you get bored of it lol i rarely get to that anyway

Fabia vrs tdi
Just need to find a rb 182 with both cup packs, few cups for sale but that's not an option as a daily driver.

I'll rejoin cs  i know ive been missed

Westfield
I've got the overun map from JMS,

You can easily avoid the pops while driving on normal day to day roads, to get a real loud bang from mine you have to really hit 5k then let off at which speed you are going pretty fast so not really cruising busy roads speeds.

When you open it up on a dual carriage way or open road then it sounds great,

I don't use my car much in the week so mainly weekend blasts, and I don't regret it one bit. If it was a daily driver on motorways then it probably would get a bit much.

I have a janspeed exhaust and although it is loud when driving hard if i'm crusing around at 3k rpm its not loud or intrusive at all and sometimes i forget about the overun all together.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
It should be considered as a bit of fun and nothing more.

If you are worried about the fuel costs (of which there are barely any) then you aren't really the type of person who should have it because you'll REALLY worry about the noise.

Evo 5 RS
if you drive the car regularly you'll grow tired of it. I had most of the pops mapped out last time round but you're bound to get a few here and there with a decatted system and bodies

RS 189.9
I've got the overun map from JMS,

You can easily avoid the pops while driving on normal day to day roads, to get a real loud bang from mine you have to really hit 5k then let off at which speed you are going pretty fast so not really cruising busy roads speeds.

When you open it up on a dual carriage way or open road then it sounds great,

I don't use my car much in the week so mainly weekend blasts, and I don't regret it one bit. If it was a daily driver on motorways then it probably would get a bit much.

Totally agree, have this on my car and love it, the only reason itd affect mpg is because you wana make it pop and bang ;)

Dave had the remap when it was first developed, its been reigned back now and only get the pops and bangs at the higher revs. Sooo much fun! :rasp:

PH1 172
im new to this "pops and bangs" map, i cant see if having a massive affect when using a stealth system ie the k-tec stealth exhaust when it isnt a "straight through" exhaust which will allow the flames and gasses to come straight out with a bang... what exhausts are people using with this map and ultimately.. where do i get it from?

Evo 8 MR
It only occurs when you boot it and then let the revs come down slowly, therefore you have to want it to occur to be able to do it. It isn't intrusive at all.

Henk himself has stated it does reduce mpg slightly. However, if you are bothered about that, don't buy the overrun map in the first place tbh.

It is a cool feature and can be quite addictive lol.

BG182®
182Matt sums it up tbh. Had it on my car for around 6 months now and even for a daily driver it's fine. I do 80 miles a day in it and if you stay below 4.5k it's no trouble at all.

You do get some flames/spits out the back too and on the fuel economy side of things, I'd say the most you lose is 1mpg.

Fabia vrs tdi
I won't hold my breath for henk to realese it or give an idea of when or if he'll release it.

Is it the exact same map rs tuning in Leeds use that jms have? Maybe they payed henk to use it on condition he doesn't release it - who knows

Stripped yozza'd cup
im new to this "pops and bangs" map, i cant see if having a massive affect when using a stealth system ie the k-tec stealth exhaust when it isnt a "straight through" exhaust which will allow the flames and gasses to come straight out with a bang... what exhausts are people using with this map and ultimately.. where do i get it from?

'straight though' refers to the pipe itself, whether is has a cat, mid-box and back-box, nothing to do with the exhaust exit.
It will be no quieter on a stealth than on a normal exit exhaust really.

Breaking 172 NV676
I am desperately trying to get this map just need the rstuner to be back in still or jms to return my emails!