ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who makes coilovers for Mk1 172

Ok, who makes them? I have been told that Bilstein and H&R do but i cant find any listings for any 172 on their websites

Is the suspension set up for a Mk1 172 the same as for a Mk2?

I am after some coilovers up to about £800ish but cant find anyone that makes them!!

Skoda Fabia vRS

Gaz are makin a special set at the moment i think

email mailto:dampertech@ic24.net">dampertech@ic24.net for details, i think they might actually be after a test car ( = free kit !)

they give discount to members

I have sent an email to Gaz - just found a price for H&R coilovers in POTN at £795 but it says for a Clio 172 B (2.0L 16V).

If this is for the Mk2 would the suspension set up be the same for a Mk1?

A question for BenR maybe? ;)

Yep.

If it aint broke dont fix it. Youll have a more snappy car, which is less fun on your favourite b road, and if you get adjustable suspension you risk knocking it out of sync making it a dog to drive..which brings me to my first question, whats the point?

-Rob

Er.... coz I want to. People like to modify cars mate. Its not about fixing something thats broke. Whats the point in putting N2O on a Cup as your profile suggests? The engine works doesnt it?

I didnt write the post coz I wanted an arguement, I was just interested in who makes coilovers for a 172 remember?

Its not an arguement youre taking it the wrong way!

Im always misunderstood :cry:

N20 makes you faster down the strip! Though i dont have a Cup, nor NOS. Yet. Heh

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by Cord-172 on 19 May 2003

I have sent an email to Gaz - just found a price for H&R coilovers in POTN at £795 but it says for a Clio 172 B (2.0L 16V).

If this is for the Mk2 would the suspension set up be the same for a Mk1?

A question for BenR maybe? ;)
Clio B means Mk1 or Mk2 172. It just doesnt mean the Mk1 Clio (old shape). My Eibachs are specd for Clio B, and theyll fit a Mk1 or Mk2 172. Theres no difference in the suspension.

i was going to k-tec to get my gaz coilovers but said they were trying them out and they are getting some other coilovers as well comming soon and the gaz coilovers are chaeper at k-tec then what u got quoted

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Think KTEC mentioned ages ago they can get FK Automotovie so maybe thats what they will start to sell.

Very Happy with mine on my Valver. Would be more expensive for the 172 as my valver only uses coilovers on front due to Torsion beam. Very good stuff though and Lifetime warranty. TUV tested also which some people forget to do.