ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who still drives a clio or moved on

cup 182
I'm basically new to Renault sport clios I owned a 172 cup a little while ago and now bought a 182 cup for scooting about in
Made me wonder who still actually owns a clio or uses one as there daily driver
From the site Or have you moved on,
I don't want to be asking questions about engines tuning suspension etc and they have been discussed 10yrs ago, but then most on here will know these cars inside out I imagine
Cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought my first Clio (Ph1 172) in about 2004.
And ever since then ive always had one in some shape or form.

Last edited:
  E46 M3, Clio 182
I'm on my 4th now, which is being used as a winter hack whilst being converted into a fast road / track toy. Means I can keep my other in the garage (and under the blanket) through the crap winter months.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
had clios all my driving life, still do. 33 and run a 182 daily, 172 phase 1 on stock and 2x mk1 clio 16v as well

owned around 15 clio I reckon, mostly 16v or Williams and sports for the mk2's

think I have issues

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I owned one back in 2012 for about two years

Barely got used and I've got no idea where it is now.

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I've had 3 in amongst other cars. As they say they all come back and I'll probably have another.

Trophy
Monaco 172
172 cup

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Had one for a year or two.

Was far too track prepped to be usable on the road, kinda ruined it for me. One day I might get one as a runabout if I have something too mental as my main car, but not such a modified one next time.

Still like 'em. Would love to own a LY182 but I haven't got the balls to own such an expensive paint colour.

PB172,dci100,dci65
dci65 for 4 years
dci100 for 6 years
172ph2 for 4 years
All in the last 11 years, so overlapping....still have the dci100 and 172. Would not buy other car if I didnt have kids.
:-D

Pauleds

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc Dueliner sport
172 cup, first used on road rallies, then sprints and hillclimbs - Sold

172 in Black. Bought with a knackered engine. Stripped it to build as a rally car until I got the offer of the Cup shell. Sits on my drive under cover acting as a storage system for the spare Clio bits ive got.

172 Cup Rally Car, built and used last year now sat in the garage waiting for me to change the cage, Hopefully to be used again this year if I can get some more funds together.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
90% of people on here own fiesta STs, M135s or golf Rs now
lol.
I haven't had a Clio since 2013 (Minis now), the forum is great though & ive made plenty of mates/internet fwends through it :up:
Nov 05 > May 06: 182
Feb 08 > Jan 09: 172 Cup
May 10 > Oct 10: 182 Trophy
Sep 10 > Sep 12: 182 MileyShedTrophy
Mar 12 > Mar 12: 197 Cup
Feb 13 > Mar 13: 182 Trophy

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
Been driving around 9 years and had 4 cars, 3 of which have been Clios. First car was a 1.2 16v, second a 172 Cup and currently a 197. Had an '09 Ibiza for 4 years in between, reliable as hell but boring, hence jumping back in to an RS.

Maccy

ClioSport Club Member
  Straight 6
Had mine since July 2011 and it will be going by the end of the month, either a trade in against a new car that's arriving soon or private sale. Been a good few years and loved it :)

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
On my fourth Clio, had 3 x 182's previously, and now in a 197. All 4 Clio's were interspersed between various other cars that didn't live up to the Clios for one reason or another!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I've had two 172s. Not owned one since last July though. Don't think I'll own another Clio until the 200T drops to about 5k

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've left lots of times. Owned about 13 clios and about 7 other renaults along with other non French things.
Bought the same Clio 3 f**king times too!

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Bought my first phase 1 in 2014, had it for 18 months then sold it.
Replaced with a golf diesel.
Regretted it and bought my 172 Cup which I've had for 18 months and now selling.

Just one big cycle!

WRX
Recently sold both of mine. Put a deposit on a bugeye Scoob that perfectly fits the bill for what I want for now. I'd have preferred a blobeye but I don't see the front, when I'm driving and this is a nice low miler. I have a suspicion that I'll have another Clio in the future though.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've had 3 and recently sold the last on in October last year. Do miss it though and I'd love another but not sure I will own one again.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Bought my 172 Cup in 2014 has a temporary run about/track hack for a few months. Did 25k in it, then became one of the Golf R tossers. That's going now and will be replaced by a Megane 250/265. The Clio has long been retired from daily duties but isn't going anywhere. It's not worth a lot so may as well keep it and enjoy it. Will probably get a cage at some point.

Clio 182
Only just got my first clio as run around a couple of months ago. FF 182 with 42k on it, always puts a smile on my face. I'm obsessed with the thing!

RB 182 FF
Had my 182 RB 5 years now, longest I've kept a car... Thought many times about changing it but these cars get under your skin somehow, I've spent more on the car in the last 18 months than it's actually worth sorting out every fault, so I guess it's a keeper... At 34 am I too old for this car now I ask myself...?! 😌