ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who would buy a v6

Who can quite honestly say that if tehy have £25k they woudl spend it on a V6, i certainly wouldnt.

No offense to anyone who has a v6 btw

would depend on what i wanted from the car, if i had family to take around etc! would have one over a 350z on looks!

Polo + Micra

id buy one in that primer grey colour:D

(only if i won the lotto)

[Edited by Dink on 4/17/2005 6:08:12 PM]

Yaris Hybrid

LOL we have had this discussion how many times before?!?!

Can see this exploding and being locked again.

I personally cannot see why anyone would buy a V6 when for the same money they can get a VX/Evo/Scooby etc that would blow it away.

Apparently though people buy them for the looks and attention they get - like a VX/Evo/Scooby wont get looks and attention?

I guess if you want/need a car to get you looks and attention then you have problems!!!

Mk2 Golf GTI

Id like one for the fact that thay are a lot less common than anything you have listed. Ive only seen 2 on the road and they certainly have the wow factor.

Its a ridiculous argument anyway, like saying why would you have a 182 when you could have an M3/M5 etc etc

Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 17 April 2005
Id like one for the fact that thay are a lot less common than anything you have listed. Ive only seen 2 on the road and they certainly have the wow factor.Its a ridiculous argument anyway, like saying why would you have a 182 when you could have an M3/M5 etc etc

Not really, seeing as a 182 is alot cheaper.

Compare the handling to other cars,almost everyone ive spoken to that has driven one say they handle crap, and alot of other rearwheel drive cars handle alot better. Something along the lines of you have grip and then the rear goes, most other cars allow you to slowley loose it, and drift etc

DISCALIMER: never driven a V6, so all opinions are based on what various other people have said/reported

Id get one but I couldnt see me keeping it very long.

If I had that kinda money Id always want something faster....

Mk2 Golf GTI

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 17 April 2005

Id like one for the fact that thay are a lot less common than anything you have listed. Ive only seen 2 on the road and they certainly have the wow factor.

Its a ridiculous argument anyway, like saying why would you have a 182 when you could have an M3/M5 etc etc

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?nU=0&make=BMW&model=M3&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=b33%208dg&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1Take your pick

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 17 April 2005Quote: Originally posted by spirez on 17 April 2005 Id like one for the fact that thay are a lot less common than anything you have listed. Ive only seen 2 on the road and they certainly have the wow factor.Its a ridiculous argument anyway, like saying why would you have a 182 when you could have an M3/M5 etc etc
[/QUOTE]

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?nU=0&make=BMW&model=M3&min_pr=75&max_pr=&postcode=b33%208dg&miles=40&max_records=50&modelexact=1&photo=1Take your pick[/QUOTE]

I was meaning new cars, not 8/9 year old cars

Revels Mum & Sister

Probs not

But judging by the people posting on the post dont have the cash to buy one, I guess when you can afford one 25k doesnt seem a lot to spend on a clio.

They have FAR more visual impact than a Scoob/Evo IMHO!

Many

The reasons why I bought my mk2 v6 is because;

1. It may not be as fast as a Scooby or evo, but everyone has Scooby’s and evo.

2. I have never seen a v6 apart from my own; it’s arare & respected car.

3. Yea it’s an expensive car, I wanted something which looked gorgeous, rare and had fight in it. The v6 was perfect for choice for me, aslo knowing that I have a car which people love to see and ask loads of questions about it gives a high, yea I could be sad in that way lol. You could say the v6 is an attention seeker.

So what if the if a Scooby & evo can beat it, I know what car I rather go on a date with!

I think all the v6 owners here didn’t just buy there car for the pure speed, we all know it’s not exactly the quickest car. Its owns the majority of cars on the road, it’s got the looks to bad it up and its rare as a mouse f**king an elephant.

Bad things about the vee are - space, impractical, drinks up petrol, crap lock and it’s made my Renault. I forgive it all though, looking out of my window and seeing it there, sex on wheels!

My views are bias, but I personally am a great lover of my car.

Cheers Billy,

clio v6

i bought 1 new and have had it 3 years...i can honestly say that i have loved every minute of it...

i have had 5 bmws including an ALPINA good but didnt stop traffic like a Vee does.

I cant have one! I have to have 4 seats as part of my co car policy, the cup only just qualifies!

I would go for one for a bit of a giggle as a 3rd or 4th car tho!

[Edited by simonjones10 on 17 April 2005 at 7:25pm]

Embarrassed to say

Id have one anyday if it were cheaper, great cars. For 25k id choose a parallel eu import brand new s2000 for 22k and bank 3k. Dont see a vx as better than a v6, they look crap and dont handle as well as s1 elises or any elise for that matter. Why is it vxs get so much praise here, their so overrated. I took a friends vx day at bedford and drove the turbo its not all that. Only rivals to the v6 are those cars that are common as muck like scoob, evo, 350z.

Elise/VX220/R26

Not a new one, a 2nd hand vee is a bargain. Either way its more of a car than your standard scooby/evo no brainer performance cars. As I usually say in these topics if you have that sort of money to spend on a car if you dont buy a vx220 you probably need locking up. But that said the Vee is obviously a more useable daily driver so I guess its down to personal choice and the comprrimises you have to make. I could have just bought a VX but because my GF wouldnt have one were getting a 225.

One mans meat is another mans poison, personally I cant understand people buy mazda RX8s, or supras, or 200SXs!

I did, although I paid a bit less than £25k. Asking other people why they buy a certain car is fine, but dont expect a simple answer. I buy sports cars because they make me feel good. I cant explain it is simple terms and often it isnt logical (to my wife anyway). In fact , thinking about it if I explained it like this it may help...

Stage 1 - The first meeting

- you see the car for the first time on the road or in a magazine

Stage 2 - The first conversation

- you have a good look around the car in a car park or garage

Stage 3 - The first sex

- you take it out for a test drive

Stage 4 - Going steady

- you decide to buy it

Stage 5 - Boredom

- you start noticing more interesting cars

Stage 6 - The affair

- you test drive another car

Stage 7 - The break up

- you sell your car and buy another one

Im sure none of you recognise this behaviour.;)

Thinking about it, I dont think Ill explain it to her like this at all...

Cheers,

Tim.

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255

Car buying is always subjective. There is no formula which says "this is the best car to buy for the money". Car buying is about performance, looks, comfort, practicality, marque, colour, smell, sound ....

Sure I could buy a faster car for the money ... but then I could buy a £100 banger XJS and put NOS on it and be stupidly fast too.

V6 ownership is about being a bit different. Having a car which is more than fast enough for almost all uses. Having a car that has many of the characteristics of a supercar costing much more. Having a car that people just want to talk to you about.

Every time I drive it, it only takes a second to realize that for me its the coolest car manufactured today. I literally get excited when I realize Ive got to drive it somewhere ... like now its time for me to drive home and I cant wait to get out to the car park!!

For you the car that gives you a buzz might be an MG ZR ;)

Mini Cooper S sport

If I had 25k I would seriously consider buying a V6, because of the looks and sound. I might not keep it for long, but would have one (in inferno) just to get it out of my system! Scoobies and Evos may be faster but theyre too common IMHO.

Impreza Turbo

in all honesty if i had 25k spare id obviously already have a 182 for the family to go places in, so yep i would buy a V6. they look quality (even if the build isnt).
But as already said its a car that get instant recognision anywhere at anytime or place, even amongst other V6s they all have their own charactor.

i would have 3 year old Boxster if it was in the price rance probably. Although to be honest id save up 10 times the money and buy a 2nd hand Carrera GT for £250,000 :p

Quote: Originally posted by beacytan on 19 April 2005

i wouldnt buy one. over rated totally. sorry all vee owners.

I find that a strange comment from a guy with with "05 Audi A4 cab" in this profile?? they are way over rated at £30k and only a pathetic 125bhp per tonne power to weight...lol

But each to his own, I wouldnt buy one...sorry any A4 cab owners...;)

Simon.

172 Cup

I would def buy one, I would have to choose the colour tho and it would have to be a new one :D

Will never have that sort of money tho :(

Quote: Originally posted by Andy D on 19 April 2005

Car buying is always subjective. There is no formula which says "this is the best car to buy for the money". Car buying is about performance, looks, comfort, practicality, marque, colour, smell, sound ....

Sure I could buy a faster car for the money ... but then I could buy a £100 banger XJS and put NOS on it and be stupidly fast too.

V6 ownership is about being a bit different. Having a car which is more than fast enough for almost all uses. Having a car that has many of the characteristics of a supercar costing much more. Having a car that people just want to talk to you about.

Every time I drive it, it only takes a second to realize that for me its the coolest car manufactured today. I literally get excited when I realize Ive got to drive it somewhere ... like now its time for me to drive home and I cant wait to get out to the car park!!

For you the car that gives you a buzz might be an MG ZR ;)
I completely agree - especially the bit about getting excited when I realise its time to drive it - it has massive grin factor for me - althugh I can appreciate that it wont have the same effect on everyone - I wouldnt want everybody to have one though :cool:

Quote: Originally posted by beacytan on 19 April 2005

i wouldnt buy one. over rated totally. sorry all vee owners.
no need to apologise, you have your opinion which is fine - I wouldnt waste my money on an Audi A4 Cabriolet :oops:

EVO VII

i would buy a mk 1 V6 and spend the rest on a holiday ;)

V6s are very special cars. they are all ready classics IMO

if i had the money i would have a R5 Turbo 2 and a Vee 6.