ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whoever says 1.2s arent fun should be shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
  200 Gordini
Clio is the best 1.2. Thats all that is to be said.

They're not fast, they are nippy but only if you just upgraded from a scooter!

For a month i ran my 182 and 1.2 16v, the 1.2 doesn't have an engine basically. When pushed there is no 'grunt' as said in here but it does sound like its screaming because its about to blow up.

I guess you can only call it fun for the fact if you push it you have a 80% chance of dieing at a corner when it either rolls or understeers into the nearest object.

TT 225+
im a 1.2 driver and raping the engine to bits puts me to sleeeppp. it is boring lol.
1.0l polo FTW!!! 0-60 in 17 secs! :D so it is less boring than a polo but still, rather have something bit faster thanks

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Guys, can I just point out here that Toms OP stated that the car was fun, and not fast??? Hes merely discovered that revving the car beyond 3500rpm generates a little more fun than he had previously discovered. Again, the 1.2 is a fine car for what it is, a small hatchback with a small engine. Its never going to challenge an RS car so why dont you all just relax :rolleyes:

And for the record, the 1.4 is significantly faster than the 1.2. In the Mk3 Clio, the 0-62mph figure is 15 seconds while the 1.4 makes the 0-62mph sprint in a shade under 11 seconds. Yes, yes I know this isnt RS territory, thats not my point. My point is to correct a glaring error posted by another member :rasp:

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
this thread is abit bogus,

go to a farrari owners club, and ask about cliosport

theyll probably say theyre slow and handle like sheds, walking is better,

it depends entirely what your used to driving tbh,
so on a cliosport forum, its never gna go down well lol

p.s i like my 1.2, its my first car and i made sure i didnt crash it

200 Gordini

This is not true... FACT! everyone wants a cliosport :S

They're slightly quicker than other 1.2s (and all ph2 1.4 clios!)

RB 182 Cup
This is not true... FACT! everyone wants a cliosport :S

They're slightly quicker than other 1.2s (and all ph2 1.4 clios!)

only quicker if you can drive. Most people on here cant drive to save their lives lol

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
0-62 in 15 secs? mine does it in under twelve :D rapid that :)

Yeah, thats the Mk2 Clio you have, the figures I posted were for the Mk3 Clio, as in 06 plate and on.

I used to have the same car as you and yeah around 12 was the time I was getting too. The 1.2 8v will only do it in 15 seconds though.

alien green rs133
Yeah, thats the Mk2 Clio you have, the figures I posted were for the Mk3 Clio, as in 06 plate and on.

I used to have the same car as you and yeah around 12 was the time I was getting too. The 1.2 8v will only do it in 15 seconds though.

not if you know what your doing with breathability

ill smash that tbh

M2 Competition
Guys, can I just point out here that Toms OP stated that the car was fun, and not fast??? Hes merely discovered that revving the car beyond 3500rpm generates a little more fun than he had previously discovered. Again, the 1.2 is a fine car for what it is, a small hatchback with a small engine. Its never going to challenge an RS car so why dont you all just relax :rolleyes:

And for the record, the 1.4 is significantly faster than the 1.2. In the Mk3 Clio, the 0-62mph figure is 15 seconds while the 1.4 makes the 0-62mph sprint in a shade under 11 seconds. Yes, yes I know this isnt RS territory, thats not my point. My point is to correct a glaring error posted by another member :rasp:

Glaring error? Where did i mention mk3 clio's, times or 0-60 sprints?

Two mk2 ph2 clio's, a 1.2 16v and a 1.4 16v, in the real world below motorway speeds and around town there is sod all in it. I had one, my mate had the other as young lads, nearly new.

So no, 1.4 clio's are not 'loads' faster than 1.2's, theres barely any difference!

Thinking back the 1.2 dynamique i had as my first car is probably the best car ive ever owned, loved it. Lots of fond memories. But then your first usually is...

clio trophy No56

Fair comment on the Farrari thing.
But what about going to a BMW M6 owners club and asking about the Trophy and why it kept up with a M6 on the twisty bits, and what BHP are the M6's? 500+, :rasp::D.
Anyone remember that write up in EVO mag?
BTW 1.2's are good cars, i just wouldnt have one!

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Glaring error? Where did i mention mk3 clio's, times or 0-60 sprints?

Two mk2 ph2 clio's, a 1.2 16v and a 1.4 16v, in the real world below motorway speeds and around town there is sod all in it. I had one, my mate had the other as young lads, nearly new.

So no, 1.4 clio's are not 'loads' faster than 1.2's, theres barely any difference!

Thinking back the 1.2 dynamique i had as my first car is probably the best car ive ever owned, loved it. Lots of fond memories. But then your first usually is...

Jesus, no need to be so defensive. I was trying to point out that the 1.4 accelerates quicker than the 1.2 and since I dont know the times of the Mk2 1.4 I used the figures that I DO know which happen to be the Mk3. Purely for reference, thats all, as a way of illustrating my point. And for the record, I was in no way condoning driving wrecklessly around towns and built up areas, and Im sure you arent saying that I do. Again, just want to clarify that.

Peace.

TT 225+

ah right, didnt realise you were tlking about 8valve :)

200 Gordini
only quicker if you can drive. Most people on here cant drive to save their lives lol

Everyone knows i can, check the avatar my friend.

Backkk to the op, i always took it easy in my 1.2 because there was really no point going fast

a burnt one
Technically speaking isnt the 1.2 actually only a 1.1 seeing as the engine capacity is 1149cc?

In which case then yeah it is pretty good for a young lad in his first car.

a burnt one

it depends entirely what your used to driving tbh,
so on a cliosport forum, its never gna go down well lol

p.s i like my 1.2, its my first car and i made sure i didnt crash it

Cliosport caters for all Model clios, not just the RS
Although you wouldnt actually think it if you had never read the home page

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
I'm seriously considering buying a 1.2 or 1.4 as a track car after reading this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.