ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whoever says 1.2s arent fun should be shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Italian 3.2 V6
1*2 are more for track use and b roads rather than quater mile drag stripss tbh... i still think a 1*2 would beat a MR2 round a track or down a b road tbh..

also i wouldnt look twice at a MR2, there s**t tbh...

highly unlikely. The mr2 (old model) was built purely as a performance car. Hence the mid engine and ferrari like set up.

However the clio was originally designed to be a simple hatchback, which had to have little things done to it to make the 1*2 models and make them fast. Bottom line is they still have the same design and shape as a normal 1.2 clio. However an mr2 was built for one purpose and designed from the chassis up for performance.

my pal has one. its a f**king shed. never out the garage for repairs.
Tell me about it, dude I know had a tuned one, 346bhp. It was always going wrong, the place he took it to had never touched one before, more fool him for going there.

They look very dated now.

LoL at you gays taking it all seriously. "them" & "us" etc.

The initial "genetically superior baby!" is from GTA4. We're not superior because we drive better cars (with the exception of my shed :dapprove:). We are superior for a whole host of other complex reasons that I don't have time to go into right now.

Clio

The initial "genetically superior baby!" is from GTA4. We're not superior because we drive better cars (with the exception of my shed :dapprove:). We are superior for a whole host of other complex reasons that I don't have time to go into right now.

Oh, please do! why are you more superior? because you use quotations, full stops and capital letters? FFS.

Clios are lush little cars, 1.2 or 1*2--> who really give a sh!t.

clio trophy No56

Was that quote not used on the Italian Job??

Your reason is either going to be .... you have more money or you have a bigger c**k

Ph 1 172
i went from a 1.2 8v mk2 ph1 to a mk2 ph1 172 and to a degree i had more fun in my 1.2 due to the fact i didnt give a s**t about it!!!! so was gonna cane it around everywhere and didn't have to slow down for corners as it has so little power that it couldnt understeer or go fast enough for me to end up backwards in a ditch.lol...although i have not had my 172 on a warm evening down some country lanes yet as i have only had it 3 months. might change my mind by the summer

Oh, please do! why are you more superior? because you use quotations, full stops and capital letters? FFS.

Clios are lush little cars, 1.2 or 1*2--> who really give a sh!t.

Did you read the first line that you quoted? In answer to your question it's all in the genetics. Add a wink if you like.

Was that quote not used on the Italian Job??

Possibly. I was using it in the context of the legendary Brucie from GTAIV

Your reason is either going to be .... you have more money or you have a bigger c**k

Was your sense of humour removed at birth? Serious question.

clio trophy No56

Well if he does have more money and a bigger c**k then in respect to those two things he is superior.
The same as the RS's are superior to the 1.2's, they were disigned to be superior.
As for 1.2 etc being crap i dont think they are, they are good cars to throw about. I had a AXGT for 2 years, a long time ago, and it was excellent to throw about, when it would start up that was.

BMW M135i
I drove one again recently, i'd forgotten they made cars that slow. I'm sure I could run to 60 faster.

A 1*2 is superior.

If it wasnt, it would cost less than a 1.2.

Some of you really really REALLY need to lighten up.

alien green rs133
A 1*2 is superior.

If it wasnt, it would cost less than a 1.2.

Some of you really really REALLY need to lighten up.

bigger engine its gonna be quicker

but at the end of the day the whole clio range are fun in the twisties same chassis

Same bodyshell does not equal same chassis TBH. Depending on your interpretation of 'chassis' of course.

TBH anyone getting their knickers in a twist about superiority jokes, has a major inferiority complex.

TT 225+
182's are better, and il be jealous of everyone until i own one,:) my 1.2 is my first car ans compared to my mates 1.6 ibiza, its about as fast as the spread of cancer.
mine gets me from a to b though, so does the job lol :)

WANTED Arctic 182
I've got a 1.4 16v. I think they are much quicker than the 1.2 16v. I have to admit I thought mine was fun but I did go from a 1.4 8v polo!

Now the 100bhp is just boring! Only fun you get from a 1.4 is at 5000rpm in second.

a 1.2 would be fun round track providing it was stripped out/big brakes/sus/tryes etc..

but after spending all that it would probably still be slower lap times than the 2.0 variant standard lol

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
I've got a 1.4 16v. I think they are much quicker than the 1.2 16v. I have to admit I thought mine was fun but I did go from a 1.4 8v polo!

Now the 100bhp is just boring! Only fun you get from a 1.4 is at 5000rpm in second.

lol 1.4 isnt really any faster than a 1.2 16v, those 1.4s are quite heavy.

Just lol at this thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
actually ul find a pug 106 1.1 is a tad faster ;)
+0.5
My gf has a 1.1 106. It develops the same power as clio's 1.2 8v engine. and its light because its not weighed down with safety equipment, so it feels a tad nippier.
Wouldnt keep up with a 16v clio though..

Chelsea tractor
Big Penis ---------------------------------- Small Penis
1.2 > 1.2 16v > 1.4 > 1.4 16v > 1.6 > 1.6 16v > 2.0 16v

:p

Clio
How can people not say 1.2 drivers dont get flamed, have you seen the first reply! Goes to show the ignorance of some people TBH.

This thread could of had potential, i agree 1.2's ARE fun, you can just have a calming ride when you want. Then if you fancy it, drop the gear rev to 4.5k away you go...fun around every corner.

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
they are a mega fun car!

I started with a 1.1 206....gash!
then got a 1.4 207 sport.....gash!
then got a 1.2 16V old corsa..fun but needed huge arms from the lack of power steering..
then a 1.4 hdi 206...quick engine...gash car..but over 60MPG!
then got my 1.2 16v clio...and i love it! propper fun car. Obviously its slow compared to other cars but its so awsome to drive!

I get to drive 2.0ltr s line audis at work and stuff so im not talking about power output but the 1.2 clio is like a gokart, I thrash the little engine to bits and it always amuses me!

This is one of those typical threads where all the 2.0ltr people rave about how good there cars are and you have all the 1.2 people getting on the deffensive haha.

try driving a R32 golf of a 3.5ltr jag then you will all know what mega driving fun is. But for what the majority of young drivers can afford the clio is probably one of the most fun cars available...especially in my price range at the moment!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
they are a mega fun car!

then got a 1.2 16V old corsa..fun but needed huge arms from the lack of power steering..
then got my 1.2 16v clio...and i love it! propper fun car. Obviously its slow compared to other cars but its so awsome to drive!

I get to drive 2.0ltr s line audis at work and stuff so im not talking about power output but the 1.2 clio is like a gokart, I thrash the little engine to bits and it always amuses me!

This is one of those typical threads where all the 2.0ltr people rave about how good there cars are and you have all the 1.2 people getting on the deffensive haha.

try driving a R32 golf of a 3.5ltr jag then you will all know what mega driving fun is. But for what the majority of young drivers can afford the clio is probably one of the most fun cars available...especially in my price range at the moment!

Whats that on your avatar!?;)

they are a mega fun car!

Spot on.

We aint trying to say our 1.2s will beat your 1*2s but for what we can afford etc etc, its the best fun car to have.

Then we get all the 1*2 drivers coming on and saying, no your wrong, my cars better but the fact is, we aint got your car, we dont have money or whatever reason it may be for not having a 1*2 so get off our backs and let us enjoy the forum aswell without getting slagged everytime we mention 1.2.

Your cars may be "superior" but you pay a hell of a lot more money to be "superior"

Technically speaking, it's one of those typical threads where a few opinions and jokes are splashed about, and the people with an inferiority complex get all defensive. Young dumb and full of cum IIRC.

It's all relative. I used to think wanking was the most fun you could possibly have with a penis.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Spot on.

We aint trying to say our 1.2s will beat your 1*2s but for what we can afford etc etc, its the best fun car to have.

Then we get all the 1*2 drivers coming on and saying, no your wrong, my cars better but the fact is, we aint got your car, we dont have money or whatever reason it may be for not having a 1*2 so get off our backs and let us enjoy the forum aswell without getting slagged everytime we mention 1.2.

Your cars may be "superior" but you pay a hell of a lot more money to be "superior"

I can think of cars that are more fun than a 1.2 clio and probably cost less though!

clio dynamique 1.2 16V
Whats that on your avatar!?;)

Standard pic :rasp:

to be honest, if I had the money to buy a 172 / 182 / v6 etc i actually wouldnt... admitidly (how ever its spelt) awsome cars to drive but not the best. I probably wouldnt even go for a renault, I would go for a german car.

Any ways, unfortunatly for me, N power are about to rape my ass for a quarters worth of gas and electricity, the council want the council tax, the rent is due soon, mot is due and need two new tryes, tax is due and my credit card is maxed so FTW!

Clio
Well TBH 1*2's are NOT expensive, i think my 1.2 is worth more than some peoples 1*2'S.

for your money you get a very nice looking car, with a 2ltr engine. it caters for a certain market. it offers good value, a fun factor, and performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.