ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whoops....

ITB'd MK1
got a ph1 in for sorting an epic haemoraging oil leak, was coming from everywhere including the head gasket, so pulled it apart

IMAG0114.jpg

that'll be a non sport engine in your 172 then. (172 piston in picture for comparison) Closer inspection revealed it's a non CNC ported head with small exhaust ports and everything. Weirdly it's not even slow.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Isn't that just the weirdest thing, imagine not knowing what engine is in your car? better check i've actually got a TCE and not a 1.6 or something...

itb'd RB 182 cup
i be said owner !!!

basically to look at from the out side the engine is identical but since dan took the head off it has shown its true self! which sucks.
it has the 172 ecu and has had a remap. as dan has said it looks like its just got megane block and pistons but itll have to stay like that until i can afford new block and internals.
after dans sorted the leak im going to take it down to ktec and get it on the rollers to see how different the power figures are from a "REAL" 172.

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
That would ruin your day.

Where'd you get it from and how long have you had it?

itb'd RB 182 cup
didnt ruin my day to much, was a bit pissed but then remembered its coming back to me with decat, ktec group n engine mounts , stiff dog bone bush and an engine that doesnt shower oil every where :) i got the car from a dodgey garage in buckinghamshire somewhere last august for £1400.
the plan is to make it a bit of a track **** so its going to get abused.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Thought some of might be interested, This made 131bhp on ktec's dyno a few weeks ago, LOL. engine swap next week

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
didnt ruin my day to much, was a bit pissed but then remembered its coming back to me with decat, ktec group n engine mounts , stiff dog bone bush and an engine that doesnt shower oil every where :) i got the car from a dodgey garage in buckinghamshire somewhere last august for £1400.
the plan is to make it a bit of a track **** so its going to get abused.

As Danny said prime for some boost so listen to him!!!! :)

itb'd RB 182 cup
The gear box died the other day and danny has the needed bits to revert it back to a 172 engine, so though sod it may as well! makes a change to be putting a ph1 back together as aposed to the latest trend of breaking them for parts!

320d
Bad luck that mate, but unless you have driven more than one how are you to know if its down on power when you buy it. I've driven 3 different RS Clio's, all silver ph1's ironically and they've all felt pretty much the same pace. That said two were short test drives and the other I owned. I guess you'd have to own them all to find out their differences properly.

itb'd RB 182 cup
Bad luck that mate, but unless you have driven more than one how are you to know if its down on power when you buy it. I've driven 3 different RS Clio's, all silver ph1's ironically and they've all felt pretty much the same pace. That said two were short test drives and the other I owned. I guess you'd have to own them all to find out their differences properly.

is a bit of an arse but its going to be delt with now, but as far as feeling down on power both dan and andy from ktec have driven it and theyve both said it doesnt feel to down on power, but obviously the rollers showed othewise.
it was down on power by 40 bhp, however it had alot of bottom end torque so all the power was at 2.5k - 3.5/4k felt more like a diesel!