ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whos 100% road legal

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Insurance under ur parents is illegal?

Not illegal, UNLESS you are the main driver and keeper of the car, but told the insurance company your parents are that.
Being a named driver, but driving all the time and keeping the car, is illegal, unless declared.

Insurance companys really are tough on this now, and in most cases dont pay out now, because of idiots who are named drivers.

Get your own Policy. I did, cost me a lot of money, but i know im covered. Plus i get my OWN no claims, YOU dont, no matter what Dline say, as soon as you move company, they dont exist. Where if i move company, i keep my NCB.

ph quick
Ive got no tax or mot but i am insured, i might cancel that though as its a bit pointless... Ive got some random paltes on also so i can speed through cameras and not get done, its awesome!

Suzuki Ignis Sport

if you are an additional driver who uses the car solely yeah... think that's what was meant?

Not illegal, UNLESS you are the main driver and keeper of the car, but told the insurance company your parents are that.
Being a named driver, but driving all the time and keeping the car, is illegal, unless declared.

Insurance companys really are tough on this now, and in most cases dont pay out now, because of idiots who are named drivers.

Get your own Policy. I did, cost me a lot of money, but i know im covered. Plus i get my OWN no claims, YOU dont, no matter what Dline say, as soon as you move company, they dont exist. Where if i move company, i keep my NCB.

But how are they to know that?

if you are an additional driver who uses the car solely yeah... think that's what was meant?

what do you think an insurance investigator does? lol

® Andy

ClioSport Club Member
  Illiad V6 255
My Vee just passed its first MOT a few hours ago. 24k mile service the week before that. No mods. Fully legal. It's even clean at the moment :eek:.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
well as i drive past a police station everysingle day at leat 2 times if they were than botherd about my plates im sure they would have put a road block out by now lol

got to say i wasnt actually expecting people to list that they have bald tyres, no tax etc lol
a yes or no would have been fine

ill just warn you all, my friends Girlfriend works for Swinton, and part of her job is to frequent forums and car shows looking for cars with mods and taking the registrations to check against their database for what mods are declared.

And im not joking.

Silver 172 cup
Everything is 100%. Its not worth risking it. I couln't afford to buy another car if my insurance didn't pay up. Plus, why would i want to modify. It is perfect already;) .

ill just warn you all, my friends Girlfriend works for Swinton, and part of her job is to frequent forums and car shows looking for cars with mods and taking the registrations to check against their database for what mods are declared.

And im not joking.

quality, point her to this thread :) lol

Golf GTI PP Mk7
as far as the willy is concerned, 100% non legal.

not taxed, not insured.

and for the record, im not driving it, lol.

what do you think an insurance investigator does? lol
Lol, sounds like someones fronting to me ;)

2016 Audi RS3
Be careful what you say on here guys, insurance companies and the Police do monitor forums like this to try and catch people out.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Nobody knows until an incident happens. An insurance asessor will be pretty much looking for anything dodgy. For example, i doubt your father will drive a lowered car, Amp and Sub in the boot, aftermarket HeadUnit, different alloys and specific tyres, as his daily drive. The type of policy is called "A Fronted Policy." All insurance companies employ claims investigators and also have Fraud Indicators when a claim is made, Voice recordings of the person who makes the claim to the telephone helpline.

This all effects you really.

And im not joking.

He isnt joking, examples are that a car was crashed, claim was for 20G, the car was a BMW worth 10G. What turned out was the car was tracked, crashed and broke the barriers etc. He claimed for this and the company started digging for answers, found his car was pictured on the day and it was established he crashed on a track day. His insurance was promptly terminated and was taken to court over fraud allegations.