ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's got a car project that they're losing faith in?

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Except you've got somewhere to finish it!

If I had that, I wouldn't be complaining.

Clio
My Clio 8 years old and looking very mint these days rs interior needed to finish it off
Very deep clean nautical blue paintwork 1.2 16v currently s.o.r.n but finally ready for m.o.t once my private plate is moved over to my other project . A Suzuki 600 bandit that has been my daily for the past 12 months

Fantastic car and bike love em both carnt picture selling ether but the Clio is gonna go up for sale in 2012 see if it goes.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Having somewhere to do the project.... That was the main factor for me and wouldn't have taken it on otherwise. Luckily i had the use of the driveway for both Clios.... 1 on axle stands and the other next to it. I had 1 project where i had to drive to Dartford from Southend most evenings, another project was in a mates workshop near Hornchurch so a 40 mile round trip....... Never again!

My missus actually wanted me to have the Clio on the driveway as she knew i wanted the shell but didn't want me renting a garage and being on the missing list every evening working on it!

Bluebeard

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My issue was, when I started this project, I had a 1500sq ft workshop all to myself.

Now i've moved to an outdoor forecourt I lost the unit as I couldn't afford both. Thinking all along ''it'll be ok, i'll rent somewhere smaller''. Well I'm s**t out of luck! lol.

BMW M5 & E36
I had one of them a while back, but it was more a completed project that had run its course, hence the shell now being in post #1 after I broke it for parts!

Crack on Superfastdan

have my project sorted, but just a busy year to come and keep looking at costs of doing what i want

vw box conversion, high boost ect ect oh and wedding to sort

finances and time just beat me down at times, luckly for me its all parked up at work in a readily availible workshop, so pleanty of space

just atm cant be arsed

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
having somewhere to do it makes a huge difference, i used to have my own workshop but sharing with my ex just became too much and i moved out , ive done the rest of it on my drive half under a car port type thing, every time i want to work on it i have to move it and about 4 other cars. Its been hard work.. Even last night trying to change a fuse was nigh on impossible, then i realised non of the locks work.. awesome so a bit do do list even if it passes its mot

182cup & 172 racecar
I even have a workshop on the doorstep and find it hard,just the thought of having to move things around to get it in there.

Your right cba.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You should try turning it into more of a social event Dan, the saxo was built on kfc, beer & haribo iirc, normally before/after a CS meet/night out/BBQ. Would never have got it finished otherwise!!! Also means that you dont actually have to do any of the work :p

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
i tried that, everytime people came over it just ended up people stood around chatting n less work getting done.. i could do more by myself without being disrtacted.

LY Megane R26 230
I have a phase 1 flamer that needs love,my own 172 Cup that needs some work now after the bonnet incident and another 172 Cup i bought to break.

I take on too much at one time and get swamped down with work so nothing ever seems to get done on any of the cars. :(

Gladly,the flamers off to a new home shortly so i can concentrate on sorting my own car and making a few pennies from the other.

Also the weathers the biggest factor for me as a dont have a garage so all work has to be done outside which is a ballache in winter!

e91 330d/type r mini
im losing motivation with my mini at the moment, its 99% completed but its all the little tweaks thats taking some doing.
got some extended rear stub axles to fit and some integra cams but have just got my hands clean over the crimbo period and seems a shame to mess them up again :(
mine went from.
IMGP2410-2.jpg

IMGP2414.jpg

to now

_NOV8831.jpg

d76b1a68.jpg

57191daf.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Dan i was wondering what had happened to your mk1. So you have all the parts just no space..poor show.

Isnt cliolord in Clevedon? If so, get it to him. I can pitch in too.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Dan i was wondering what had happened to your mk1. So you have all the parts just no space..poor show.

Isnt cliolord in Clevedon? If so, get it to him. I can pitch in too.

Ronee's in Clevedon, Gaz lives in Bath but works in Longwell Green. Dont fret, they've spoken ;) Gaz rang me an hour ago

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Ronee's in Clevedon, Gaz lives in Bath but works in Longwell Green. Dont fret, they've spoken ;) Gaz rang me an hour ago

Ahh i getcha. I knew they were somehow linked..haha! Me and Ronee went to school together. I've seen him driving a valver round clevedon like a mad man.

Good lad.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
Except you've got somewhere to finish it!
If I had that, I wouldn't be complaining.

i do indeed, just a shame its a good 45min drive away... but i am now back on the positive (it will get done at some point in 2012...)

I was going to say, surely you have some contacts that can help out? but maybe not if you felt the need to post this.
it does seem though that in the last few posts the good things of being on a car forum are coming through, sounds like it could be on the way to being sorted...

good luck, shout me if you need a hand with ANYTHING

Monaco 172 + mk1 RSi
My ph1 has been off the road almost a month now and I've not even had the motivation to start her regularly, intact I'm pretty pissed off with her because I can drive her and even if I could shes dirty, broke and generally looking sorry for herself

The motivation is still there (somewhat), I got about as far as...

I just dont get time with helping everyone else with their projects so its not been touched since Oulton. Its not been like the Clio where it had to be working with driving it all the time, so I'm not really in any rush for it to be how I want.

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mondeo TDCI 130
Mine is wavering, just don't have the inclination if i am honest.

Look at how much i have ploughed into it, and what need's spending still. Has moved 100 yards, think there will be some decent bits coming up for sale soon!! :(

Just falling out of love with it tbh, the car's i can get for similiar ££ is unreal. Nearly at M3 money...nearly.

e91 330d/type r mini
Mine is wavering, just don't have the inclination if i am honest.

Look at how much i have ploughed into it, and what need's spending still. Has moved 100 yards, think there will be some decent bits coming up for sale soon!! :(

Just falling out of love with it tbh, the car's i can get for similiar ££ is unreal. Nearly at M3 money...nearly.
i know that feeling about how much money you have spent, my mini owes me as much as i paid for my e46 m3 3 years ago to give you an idea what i have spent.
i have had a very good offer as it stands that could by me one now with some change but cannot bring myself to part with it just yet and i think it should hold its value quite well with it being a mini :)

182cup & 172 racecar
We could have saved a fortune, if we had bought a ready prepared race car or a very high spec one for the same money that we spent.

But it was fun in the end,(I can say that now).

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
I've got a 205 gti and a Turbo lump that I want in it.. one day I might get around to it but the fact my garage has no power is my major excuse for having not even uncovered it for about 9months!

TrackCar & F30 330d
My Clio project is 99% finished! But at 99% finished I then bought another car, got a new job, bought a house (with a garage so things have been so busy I havnt really touched the car for months!

Mondeo TDCI 130
i know that feeling about how much money you have spent, my mini owes me as much as i paid for my e46 m3 3 years ago to give you an idea what i have spent.
i have had a very good offer as it stands that could by me one now with some change but cannot bring myself to part with it just yet and i think it should hold its value quite well with it being a mini :)

tbh, i am pretty certain that there will be some great goodies up for sale anytime!! The things i can get for the money are awesome!

Mondeo TDCI 130
It's mint aswell! But who wants to buy a 2002 clio for 8K? you can have it to finish if you want whiters! be a good track **** for ya.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Return it to stock then i'll have it for a few 100 notes ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I normally have 4 or 5 different car projects on the go at any one time, so if I lose interest in one for a while I just stick it to one side and then focus on a couple of the others instead.

Your Mk1 project looks great Daniel, if you feel you have lost heart with it just put it to one side for a while and come back to it :)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Put it to one side,he's forgotten what it looks like.

LOL

Well that can be a problem too, sometimes if its too long between driving the car during a rebuild people lose interest, I always tell people to try and keep projects to being about 12 months long or less.