ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's with elephant.co.uk?

ITR UKDC2
just got my renewal through the post from direct line - £1227.38

just tried elephant.co.uk - £838.30

So i have a couple of questions if somone could enlighten me please

1. are elephant to be trusted - i.e. if you need them can you call or get hold of them to change or amend the policy for added drivers etc... easily

2. direct line will not price match anymore? which is a pitty as ive been with them for 6 years and they have been good to me in some ways.

3. is there anything to watch out for with elephant????

THANKS for any comments peeps!

tiTTy & SV650
Elephant make changes and send ur new policy out in the next days post, no hassle.

Been with them for 4 years now, no claims though. People say they're crap when it comes to claims but I've heard they arent so bad.

106 GTi
I used them a few years ago on my 205 GTi without any problems, and up to a few months ago on my daily drive 306.

ITR UKDC2
thanks for the quick feed back guys.......well from my call just now to norwich union and they said for my car they would insure anyone under 25 years old

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

so i guess elephant are top of the table at the momment

"People say they're crap when it comes to claims but I've heard they arent so bad."

thats what ive heard too

Rich who are you using now?.....if you dont mind me asking

tiTTy & SV650
get a quote from bell direct and admiral too they are same company but sometimes a little cheaper.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Zorba, try Aplan. to give you some idea...

Im 24, not a great postcode, 2ncb, 2claims and im paying 1169 on the meggy similar group to the LCR.

Theyve got a great rep for mods and the majority of the Jap community are insured with them.

tiTTy & SV650
not sure tbh, i decided last minute to pay monthly and my £550 become £770 or something mad like that, not best pleased.

106 GTi
Zorba_the_greek said:
Rich who are you using now?.....if you dont mind me asking

Royal Sun Alliance on the 182, know one could come close £400 quid fully comp.

Not sure on the daily drive 306 now as it is policy for me and my dad set up by him.

ITR UKDC2
thanks for all your feed back guys!

will go on a hunt around now with the names you have all given me.

what i have realized is that insurance companies dont give 2 sh*ts if you been with them for a number of years.......dohhhhh!

been with direct line for 6 years now and they have stopped being competitive.......time to move on i guess

Civic Type-R
gave me parental discount aswell ! was bout £300 off lol been with them for a year no probs just got another quote sent from them as its due in a couple of weeks, £800 no other company comes close.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Yes elephant are good. Always add a female second driver and it'll lower the quote still further.

I made a claim and it was all sorted within a month or so. No hassle.

silver cup packed FF 182
ive been with elephant for 3years on saxo vts and got a renewal qoute through which was very high,then direct line gave me qoute which was under half to what elephant qouted me,odd how companys charge higher to some people than others even if its the same company and same age of people....

Toyota MR2 Turbo Rev2
im not sure if this is the same for all insurance companies, but i think elephant etc are cheaper for modified cars because if u claim, they only replace the parts with standard bits, not the aftermaket ones?!

ITR UKDC2
That weird

just got called out of the blue by Elephant to check i got my quote ok and if i was happy with the pirce

i said im still looking around etc...heehee

FF Arctic Blue 182
Yeah my renewal came through with elephant for a 10 month policy, however direct line priced the exact same for a 12 month policy. Just coming upto renewal this year and elephant are almost £200 cheaper than the equivalent direct line policy.

Little white 172
I was with elephant for my 205GTi... and my Cavvy GSi was paying something like 100 bucks a month for the Cavvy for the 2 months i had it....

Transfered the insurance onto my Valver 30 quid cheaper than the Cavvy.

Im 18 no-noclaim. Thaught that was damn good

Octavia VRS
I'm with Elephant and had to make a claim recently. When I phoned up to give details about the accident they were friendly and the customer service was excellent. They called back the next day when they said they would with further details.

The car was booked in to get accessed a few days after the accident and then was booked in to get repaired a week later. That was all straighforward, and got a free courtesy car for the duration my car was in getting fixed.

I am now currently waiting on my excess being returned to me. However the guy who crashed into my car has returned no mail or phone calls and now it is turning into a legal matter. Elephant have sent me a few letters but I've had to call them a couple of times to find out exactly what is happening.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
what is the 10 month bonus accelerator? if I got this with Elephant and then decided to leave after the 10 month period, will it be the equivilant of 1 years no claims with another company or do you have to stay with them to get the benefits?

Ad

MK2 FRS
^^ my understanding is that you need to say with them until you have built up max no claims then it is transferable... but not 100% sure.

H22A7 Accord Type R
smellyphant!! lol!! only reason i renewed is because i now have a contact wayyyyyyyy up the ladder............shame it was a 9 month claim that led to me gettin her though lol! Nah as long as the assesors aint plebs (like i got) i'm sure any claim would be fine.......right??

:)

artic blue 182
Bubbles said:
i changed from Direct line to Elephant yesterday... :)

did they charge you extra for cup suspension and spoiler pack bubbles?

got a good quote yesterday from them for £422

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
elephant charge you whenever you make changes to your policy, never had this before, personally I don't like them and will be changing from them later this year.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Elephant charged me for my stripes (£150!!!!) but are still the cheapest about for young drivers.

Btw - If you don't cancel you're policy with them when you change insurance companies they still charge you're card!

Ad

MK2 FRS
Munday said:
Elephant charged me for my stripes (£150!!!!) but are still the cheapest about for young drivers.

Btw - If you don't cancel you're policy with them when you change insurance companies they still charge you're card!

tbh, not sure i would have declared stripes....

and £150 is taking the piss!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Munday said:

quite a few companies do the same these days.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
adtmits said:
tbh, not sure i would have declared stripes....

and £150 is taking the piss!!!

ditto, £150 for the stripes is an absoloute joke. I would have gone elsewhere.

silver cup packed FF 182
couple years back i had me window smashed on my saxo vts and i had to pay out for autoglass to come and renew the glass,i rang elephant and said i was going to pay myself and said yes do that then send us the reciept and were pay the money back to you,did fcuk ever hear back from them and get my money back tite arses.

STI JDM
Just got my renewal notice from elephant today. 1 year NCB was £930 last year. 2 years NCB is £940 this year (paying monthly direct debit). Got on the phone to say I was gonna look around for a better quote and they knocked £100 off within minutes! still gonna look around for better quotes though.
I think they want to phone me back tomorrow to see if I've found anything better, might say I got one for £800, see if they can go down to that price :p

silver cup packed FF 182
think elephant wanted over £1100 for 54 plate cliosport for me having 4ync and being 22 and yet others have same details but getting lower qoutes than others even though its with the same insurance company!