ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who's with elephant.co.uk?

Monaco Blue Mk2
I've been having a bit of a look round as it's renewal time soon, best quote so far has been £1200 from virgin, however no mods declared (Only got wheels at the min though) But as I plan on lowering 40mm, colour coded bumpers, possible decat, possible tints, possible induction/filter change and possible RS style sideskirts, I thought it would be funny to see how much elephant would rob me of for all this when I saw this thread. Done a quote with all of the above except side skirts, as you can only do 6 mods online. I was pleasantly surprised that it was only £1500 fully comp, added my mum as suggested and it did lower it, originally quoted £2000 which is a tad more than I'm paying now! lol. Their system recognised my car as a 172 at first though, if only! lol

I'm also liking their quote of just under £2000 at 19 yrs old on a Mk2 Ph1 172.
hmmmm. I'll be considering that next year!

Last edited:

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Just renewed my insurance tonight with Elephant

2005 Clio 182 Cup with Stripes - £1010.10

Myself as named driver
Mum as second driver
21 years old
3 NCB

Bargain :)

ant

yep.
little tip with elephant.

if you're planning any mods, try and declare them all in one go, even if you haven't done some yet. It works out quite a bit dearer if you declare them one at a time.

lawrence

ClioSport Club Member
  is non-existent
was with elephant, had 3 crashes with them, all 3 were resolved within a month and got my excess back within 2, had a crash way back with direct line waste of time although they give me £500 more than my old mini was worth when it got written off.

these days i dont care who im insured with so long as i am insured and its cheap

182BG
im with elephant, i find them cheap, very good service too. Dealt with my claim quickly when a foreign lorry hit me. A+

Black/Gold 182!
Munday said:
Just renewed my insurance tonight with Elephant

2005 Clio 182 Cup with Stripes - £1010.10

Myself as named driver
Mum as second driver
21 years old
3 NCB

Bargain :)

Thats not bad at all, got me thinking!

Monaco Blue Mk2
guesty said:
Thats not bad at all, got me thinking!

1.5k ish for, 19 yrs old, 2yrs NCD on a Ph1 172 worth £3900, tpft though. Was 2k fully comp, still, not seen it better anywhere else, they seem pretty good for younger drivers.

Person saying privallege, you need 4 years NCD, I think most people will find really good value quotes with 4yrs.

K20 EG Hatch
elephant are the cheapest for my 182 @ £2400ish.
You can always get hold of them for amendments etc and they do insure mods.
As you are probly aware this is my second 182 and they paid me out for my first one that i wrote off the same day as picking it up! Took them about a month which isn't all that bad i dont think...

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Elephant are great, never had a problem with them policy wise. The lady I spoke to last night was very helpful and as someone has already mentioned, they insure Mods!

Octavia VRS
I phoned up Elephant yesterday to see how my claim is going. Very helpful on the phone I must say, hopefully it should be resolved soon and I will be getting my excess back :).

Renewal is coming up too but was disappointed with their figure, if anything it is slightly more expensive than last year. What should I do for them to bring it down? Ideally I want to stay with them until my claim is settled