ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why are dealers such.....

arseholes? I went over to dealer today to have bonnet examined arrived at the time asked to attened, waited an hour....then some guy who i was to ask for swaggered over and asked "whats my problem", reminded him of call and him saying to come in and ask for him and his gem of a reply "i aint interested in dealing with a complaint" and he walked away, up to that point i hadnt been angry or that but jesus that made me loss it with him...is it just me or is it a fact of life that once you have paid for a car and taken delivery your just a waste of space?

my old boy was with me looking at the new megane and was intending to purchase one today but after witnessing the dealers display has gone to another dealer in Glasgow to go buy it

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Only some dealers.. It sounds like you found a guy who just doesnt give a sh*t about anything.

I would have to say.. to date, Renault Edinburgh have been good to me, sorted out most of my problems and didnt even try to argue with me about the paint defect I found.

Vote with your wallet mate.. take it somewhere else. One thing is I certainly wouldnt have sat there patiently for an hour.

after 10 minutes I would be up complaining.

Skoda Fabia vRS

christ thats really bad, get that guys name and report him to Renault Customer Service.....not much is likely to be done but you might get some vouchers out of it hehe

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

What a complete c**k !!

Report this guy to customer services and also write a letter directed to the dealer principle at that branch.

This is the type of thing that tars Renaults image. The good guys get a bad name as well as the c***s !!

As much as i usually defend Renault !! In this instance, I clearly would be a tw*t to try and argue this one.

Banged to rights.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I totally agree with Leigh on this one and I am truely sorry that you have had such a bad experience with your local dealer.

I have to deal with customer complaints everyday and would never conduct myself in anything less than a professional manner. I introduce myself and ask what I can do to HELP!!!

I would complain to the dealer in the first instance and if you dont get the correct response from them, then phone Renault and complain.

I would offer the same advice to anyone who gets BAD service from any Renault dealer.

Bob RTE

Ad

MK2 FRS

I phoned customer services when a sales manager at a dealership was rude and uniterested in my enquiry. I got a phone call of the dealer principle who couldnt apologise enough and said that he would personally deal with my enquiry!!! Renaults response was excellent. There are good dealerships out there, the dealership that Ive purchased my 172 from are excellent and the salesman is superb!!! (9days to go and still counting!!!!:D)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Alymac on 28 March 2003

arseholes? I went over to dealer today to have bonnet examined arrived at the time asked to attened, waited an hour....then some guy who i was to ask for swaggered over and asked "whats my problem", reminded him of call and him saying to come in and ask for him and his gem of a reply "i aint interested in dealing with a complaint" and he walked away, up to that point i hadnt been angry or that but jesus that made me loss it with him...is it just me or is it a fact of life that once you have paid for a car and taken delivery your just a waste of space?
All car salesmen are very friendly towards you whilst you show interest in purchasing a new car from them. Once you have paid your money they lose interest, especially if you have any problems. Often they promise to call you and dont, and if you call them they are out of the office , with a customer or out on a test drive........and so on.

I have known some right creeps over the years - I might upset Bob RTE here, but car salemen make very good liars, just like estate agents!

Aly, I can probably guess which garage it was! I have experience of three Renault garages around the Glasgow area and I found the service at two, both Arnold Clark branches incidentally, to be absolutely appalling! Was the guy who gave you the rude response the service manager at Bearsden per chance?? Cos if so Id like further details to add to the dossier Im compiling on him of bad service hes given people in the past so I can take it further.

Ad

MK2 FRS

Hmmm, Arnold Clark have just taken over Caledonia and are the dealership in Warrington that Im buying my car off!!!

For the info of the Edinburgh area peeps. Abercromby Renault in Seafield has as far as I am aware been taken over by Arnold Clark so be prepared for the standard of service to plummet!

All car salesmen are very friendly towards you whilst you show interest in purchasing a new car from them. Once you have paid your money they lose interest, especially if you have any problems. Often they promise to call you and dont, and if you call them they are out of the office , with a customer or out on a test drive........and so on.

I have known some right creeps over the years - I might upset Bob RTE here, but car salemen make very good liars, just like estate agents!

GirlRacer - I used to sell cars and was an estate agent in previous lives !

Clio v6

I wanted to become a car salesman but the sales manager told me I was too honest and would be no good for the job.

First time he was honest I guess:)

Thanks for the replies, dealer was down in Ayrshire, i am going to take it up with renault on monday morning as still a tad peed off, end result of my bonnet inspection was that their bodyshop has agreed bonnet is damaged and that it was most likely done during car construction as no sign of any physical paint work damage and they agree marks are at near same point on each side of bonnet, no repairs can be done to it but been advised to speak to salesman who actually sold me the car so going to do this on monday as well.....well that could solve my bonnet paint chip problems.....a new bonnet!

anyone have experience of how easy or well how not easy it is to make a claim under cars warrenty?

oh and my old boy bought a new megane today!!!! new toy for me to play with!!!! :)