ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why buy a cup

I weigh 9.5 stone so I can have the CC and still be the same weight as an average person in a non CC version. And there is only extra load when its switched on.

I brought the Saxo because it was the only car that the Dimma Clio Cup body kit would go onto...

I tried with the fiesta and corsa, but it didnt look right.

:-(

/y0z

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 03 December 2003

And there is only extra load when its switched on.
You can never disconnect it from the engine though...

Nissan R35 GT-R

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 03 December 2003

Quote: Originally posted by D-CUP on 03 December 2003

And there is only extra load when its switched on.
You can never disconnect it from the engine though...
The belt just turns a free-spinning pully unless the air conditioning pump is engaged. I doubt you could measure the loss until AC is switched on...then you bloody could!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I know you will loose power with aircon on, but it really isnt noticable. I guess the only way to tell would be for someone to do some 1/4 miles with aircon off and then on, or a RR or somthing.

Abarth 500

A friend of mine did a run up SantaPod at USC last year in his FTO (boo, hisss...) and it made 1.5 secs difference when he left the aircon on accidentally - massive difference over such a short distance!

Loving this thread though! Keep up the good work ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by cbscup on 04 December 2003

A friend of mine did a run up SantaPod at USC last year in his FTO (boo, hisss...) and it made 1.5 secs difference when he left the aircon on accidentally - massive difference over such a short distance!
Jesus!!! :eek:

That is a BIG difference...

172 v Cup

Ive often wondered what I would get if ( & when ) I buy another clio. Cup looks way better IMHO but the toys in the 172 are good.

If only there was a sub 7 second 172 with A/C and leather and ABS......

hang on....Mk1 172 anyone ???

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

The mk2 172 will do a sub 7 second 0-60. I can tell you that for a fact.

Im not trying to do the Mk2 172 a disservice...I used to have one. Just basing my stats on EVO mags ratings of the two cars. Although I imagine theres a difference between different cars of exactly the same model as well.

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Rentaghost on 04 December 2003

Although I imagine theres a difference between different cars of exactly the same model as well.
Yes the driver LOL