ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why cant I find Hankook V12 Evo's?

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Hi guys, I am looking to find prices for hankook V12 Evo's on 195/45 R16 V.

I've tried mytyre, camskill and black circles but they don't seem to come up.

Do hankook not supply in this size or am I do something wrong. I know there is a lot of recomendations for them.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Get 205s they have thoses in stock.

and that is ok to do on 16" Ultraleggeras. Would that not be detremental to handling etc

Would I get similar miles out of them as I would with PE2's. I admit they are a good prices but that doesnt mean value if they dont last long

Last edited:

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
The 182s come with 205s. I used to run 205s on my 172 to.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
nah, you'll be fine, only difference is the tyre is 10mm wider.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Thanks Rollo. Ive done some shopping around for prices to compare my shortlist of Michilin PE2's, Toyo T1-R's and Hankook Evo V12 for 195 and 205 / 45 R16's

Prices in punds for four- Blackcircles prices are after cashback from using quidco.

Any thougths anyone

2wfpr3l.jpg

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
forgot to say prices are for the tyres and delivery - not fitting.

Is it really worth paying 330 for 4xMicheling PE2 compared to £193 for 4xToyo T1-R. Better grip in the wet aside, do PE2's rally last 41% longer than T1-R's otherwise T1-R are perhaps better value at the moment.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Unless you're doing 2k miles a month mate, wear wouldn't really be my main concern, performance would be..

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Unless you're doing 2k miles a month mate, wear wouldn't really be my main concern, performance would be..
i've used Toyo's for years and any of these are fine for me performance wise. But I'm skint with having a house now so my concern is getting value for money in terms of how much life I get out of them. Even if that means paying more now.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
i've used Toyo's for years and any of these are fine for me performance wise. But I'm skint with having a house now so my concern is getting value for money in terms of how much life I get out of them. Even if that means paying more now.

If you've used before mate and obvioulsy been impressed with performance and wear, then go for the Toyo's.

Everyone will have their own fews and input, but it's easy with forums and web imo to do a little too much research....;)

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
If you've used before mate and obvioulsy been impressed with performance and wear, then go for the Toyo's.

Everyone will have their own fews and input, but it's easy with forums and web imo to do a little too much research....;)

To be honest I wasnt really all that happy with the wear and I'm hearing the others last longer.

trust me I need all the money I can get so the research is well justified!

Maybe a 172 Cup..
I understand mate, as I've got a fair old mortgage and a 20 month little lad. I realise this will go against the grain with a lot of people, and I've never used them myself, but different people have suggested Nankang NS 2's to me. Just to throw something else in the mix!!!

I've just swapped some 182 cup alloys for some F1's with Toyo's on. Lad I got them from said he didn't get on with Toyo's and will be getting Nankang's when needing some more...
Luckily wear isn't really an issue with me now as I only do about 5k a year..

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
I understand mate, as I've got a fair old mortgage and a 20 month little lad. I realise this will go against the grain with a lot of people, and I've never used them myself, but different people have suggested Nankang NS 2's to me. Just to throw something else in the mix!!!

I've just swapped some 182 cup alloys for some F1's with Toyo's on. Lad I got them from said he didn't get on with Toyo's and will be getting Nankang's when needing some more...
Luckily wear isn't really an issue with me now as I only do about 5k a year..

i know my Toyos on my old Civic Typre R would last 10-11 months on the fronts and that with about 10-11K worth of driving. I've heard mixed reports of people with the PE2's but it sounds like people get in excess of 15k out of the fronts at least without swapping.

Fancy the hankook from what people have said. But havent read anything on what kind of life to expect out of them.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Quite a new tyre though aren't they I think?
Kid at work has some on his 350z as he says they recommend them on forum, but too early to say on wear..

M2 Competition
Id rather smear jelly around my rims than buy t1r's again, and ive had a few sets on various rims. The pe2's are more than worth the extra money over them.

Ive not tried the hankooks, but they get good reviews.

Kumho ku31's are also worth a look as a cheaper but supposedly brilliant tyre.

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Id rather smear jelly around my rims than buy t1r's again, and ive had a few sets on various rims. The pe2's are more than worth the extra money over them.

Taking performance out of the question you can get 5xToyo T1-R's for the price of 3x PE2's

If anyone knows how many miles you get out of the Hankook I'll probably be sorted in deciding what I'll go for

Last edited:
  Swift Sport
Hankook are having trouble keeping up with demand, hence why people are having trouble getting tyres.

M2 Competition
Taking performance out of the question you can get 5xToyo T1-R's for the price of 3x PE2's

If anyone knows how many miles you get out of the Hankook I'll probably be sorted in deciding what I'll go for

If you're taking performance out of the question, did you just buy a 172 because you liked the colour?

As you could do the same miles in a newer clio 1.6 for less money ;)

Silver ph2/Mk2 Clio 172
Peperami said:
If you're taking performance out of the question, did you just buy a 172 because you liked the colour?

As you could do the same miles in a newer clio 1.6 for less money ;)

Ha, no I got my house last year, doing the mortgage on my own, and then to help towards redecorating costs I "downgraded" from a Civic Type R to the Clio 172 (more toys, 30k lesson the clock and 1.5K in my pocket)

I'm still decorating money is tight so I have to make my money count, so it value I'm interested in-something half scent the lasts for it's cost.

I still enjoy the 172 but my money and enjoyment is going in to the house for now.

All the posts on the forum ad voting are all based on best performance and what's best, not best value. Something that's probably the more important question in credit crunch times. I'd have performance if I had the money to pay through the nose but I haven't.

Bur if hankook v12 lasted 15k+ and PE2's 17+ I'd probably judge then better value than the TOYO T1-R at this moment.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk