ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why did some ph2 172s come without auto lights/wipers.

as above really, mine (51 plate) hasn't got auto lights or wipers, not that i mind, just wondering really...?

Evo
Do you happen to know how to turn the auto lights function back on?

The misses was messing with the sidelights in the 1.4 and turned the auto light function off somehow :mad:

ignition to on, flick them on and off twice and listed for the beep.

The early ones didnt come with them during the transition from the Ph1 172. They don't have Cruise Control, either.

DMS

A thirsty 172
My '53 plate 172 SHOULD have come with a CD changer but it was missing when I brought the car. Damn pikey must have taken it out and flogged it on seperately when selling the car. The cable is still under the seat though so I could always get another. Meh.
It does have auto lights and auto wipers though, and it did have cruise control, speed limiter and traction control / ESP.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
my 52 plate had the CD changer, auto lights, auto wipers and one-touch windows on both doors, but didn't have the silver dial set (it was an import) which I had to retro-fit myself.

DMS

A thirsty 172
I noticed the one-touch window button on K-Tec's Monaco 172 ('51 reg I think) when I borrowed that for a couple of weeks. I wonder why the later models didn't have it?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My 51 plate 172 had, cd changer, auto lights, auto wipers and one touch window up on passenger side,

Monaco Ph2 Clio 172
My 03 has auto wipers, lights, sat nav. one touch on the drivers window but no cruise control.

I think renault just decided to use up some old parts lying around on the ph2s lol.

There doesn't seem to be a pattern here....

They should have all had the auto lights and wipers.

JULY 2002 - ESP fitted as standard
NOV 2002 - Multi CD becomes optional
NOV 2002 - Price reduced to £14595
DEC 2003 - Production Fin.

Optional Extras:

SatNav - £1500
CD Changer - £300
Pre-Telephone Equipment - £100

Clio 172 RS2
My FEB 2002 has auto wipers & light, Multi CD... but no cruise control and ESP.
(not that i miss the last two!)

Why can't the wiper stalk be ticked down and wipe only once?
(like a no retention 'click'; like with the turn signal)

JB

RB 182 Cup
My 51 plate has auto lights/wipers, 1 touch windows, 6 CD changer and a retro casette deck!! Beat that! :rasp:

Clio 172 RS2
Ohw i forgot and a AUTO climate control!

An Old Skool casette deck?
That's worth a small fortune to some people... ;)

clio 172
my 53 plate has auto lights, auto wipers and the one touch window but no cd changer or cruise control.

Iceberg 172
Oh god... All this is just adding to my list of things I want on my next 172! Finding one in the right colour, mileage, fsh and condition is hard enough without throwing standard options into the equation!