ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why did you sell your 172?

PH1 172
Just thought I would ask to see why some people sold their 172 e.g was it due to car problems or just moved onto better things etc

Ad

MK2 FRS
I sold mine, due to the fact it was on 55k, nearly 3yrs old, no warranty and even though id looked after it, it was fooked.

PH1 172
Ad said:
I sold mine, due to the fact it was on 55k, nearly 3yrs old, no warranty and even though id looked after it, it was fooked.

What went wrong with it? I only ask as I am looking to get one and want to know what to look out for

PH1 172
As the title says really as I am looking to buy one very soon and wanted to know what to look out for

133/225/CLS AMG
I had my 172 for two years and 14,500 miles from new and I had no worries with it at all.

The only reason I sold it was due to me getting a new job that paid a lot more and allowed me the spare cash to buy a Megane 225 instead.

If I had the spare cash for another car I'd have another Clio 172/182 in a second!! :D :D I would have only sold my 172 for something bigger/faster etc not for any other reason.

Buy a well looked after one and you'll have no worries.

LY V6 with Recaros
I've not sold mine, but when I do it will only be down to getting something faster or a little bit bigger if I had the spare cash.

C

clio172cup20

I have the Cup, I'm thinking of selling due to a saftey factor.
I'm getting a little older, a little wises and a little more boring(er) i guess lol...

8 airbags + ABS + all the other saftey features would be nice!

Arctic Blue 182
the only reason i could think of selling it is because of getting points on my licence!

Clio 182
Not got a 172 but I would only sell my 182 for something bigger now. but i'm expecting to keep my 182 now for at least 3 - 4 more years.

E90
I didn't own mine to sell it cos it was a company car, but it went after 120,000 kms and three years because of my new Golf gti.

Was absolutely faultless in 3 years, did over 30,000 miles a year, lots of ring laps, and spent half its life on the autobahn doing 140 mph. Never broke down, although as it was sold the Cat had just gone on it, and with that and the brakes that needed doing it was getting on for 2500 euros worth of work. therefore be sure the cats either ok, or has been changed. backbox went on mine first, then i got the 4 k rattle from the centre box, and then the cat went, not sure if thats the usual, but i'd be careful.

MKIII 138
clio172cup20 said:
I'm getting a little older, a little wises and a little more boring(er) i guess lol...

not a reson for me as such but certainley a factor, i sold my cup to get a 225Cup megane with recaros still hardcore but with ASR,ESP,ABS 4-6 airbags, NCAP 5 star safety shell big 4pot brembo`s loads of high speed stability etc..

sold my 172MKII for something more exclusive and hardcore bought the cup, then sold the cup for the forthcoming megane and have bought an old vectra estate in the meantime. I did 40,000 miles in my First 172MKII (bought it brand new lost £6,000 in 20 months but got my money out of it in that time)
nothing went wrong.

i sold mine as i hated it and evrything it brought with it :)

oh and gearbox and clutch were on the way out oh and the big dent at the bottom of the door and the leather was wearing off the seat again oh and i needed something that was cheaper to run as i was doing 500 ish miles every weekend

PH1 172
Cheers for the feedback much appreciated

Anyone own one from new and sold it in July with 42K on the clock?

RenaultSport clio 172
Got a guy comming to have a look at my 172 tomorrow. Selling my pride and joy due to a new baby

R

rich[182]

Only sold mine as it was out of warranty in 3 months and done 38k miles with first MOT coming up, also was on original exhaust which would have prob needed replacing after winter. Didn't fancy paying £600 for the 3 year warranty extension as even if I'd kept it I would have only kept it for a year and I wouldn't have got any more for the car even with a warranty, Thought the idea of someone wanting to buy a 4 year old 172 with 50k miles would have made for a difficult sale, Also wanted a Titanium 2 x cup packed 182 so decided to go for it

I loved my 172 but it was the right time for a change imho

cock mobile.
Boredom really, no real reason.

Maybe the black smoke that come out now and then when booting it also worried me a touch.

Ad

MK2 FRS
meggerman said:
not a reson for me as such but certainley a factor, i sold my cup to get a 225Cup megane with recaros still hardcore but with ASR,ESP,ABS 4-6 airbags, NCAP 5 star safety shell big 4pot brembo`s loads of high speed stability etc..

PMSL, a megane225 cannot be described as hardcore..:p

VW Golf TDI
Sold Mine Because I Drove Into The Back Of Someone, The The Repair I Had Done On It Was Less Than Perfect So I Sold It And Bought A 182 Cup

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
i was fed up with the bloody rattles and always changing the parts. so i wanted something hassle free. andi got one. its german

Megane Mk4
I sold my Mk1 172 as it was costing loads of money to run, ( says me now with a 182 :eek: )
I must admit though, if the wife had've been working in the accident repair centre when I had the 172, I wouldn't have parted with her at all.....

I miss my 172 :(

80MPG BEEZA
clio172cup20 said:

where are the 8 airbags? i've removed 4 steering wheel,dash and 2 seats but i'd like to know where the other 4 are?