ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why didn't they make the 1*2 look like the v6....

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
If you stood out too much you'd have every one racing you. But it does put a smile on my face when you get some git up your backside in their vectra or mondeo and you just pull away with little effort from them, pull back across and watch/listen to them scream past because they're ragging their engine to try and impress you....... not!

Clio V6
The plastic bodykits (wheel arches) are a hand-me-down from the likes of the golf gti and 205 gti - heritage!

The phase 1 172 front end is hardly subtle, it's agressive as fook. phase 2 172 is the most subtle of all the RS Clio's I guess with it's dynamique wheels, 182's have the wheelbarrow handles on the back making them a little less subtle.

Yup the plastic wheel arches certainly are hot hatch heritage. I'll never forget my first VTR, I loved how beefy it looked compared to the 1.1 Saxo it replaced. The worlds moved on though...

Clio 182.
LOL! I love folk like you! x

I dont know how to take that lol.

My point was, the Vee isnt the first word in beauty. In fact, the reason people are drawn to it is because strange, and rare. It gets away with its outrageous looks, because its an outrageous car. A RWD French Hatch with a HUGE engine. For that reason alone, it deserves the attention its appearance attracts. It has the mouth AND the trousers.

Its not ugly. Its just not pretty. If some idiot with a 1.2 Clio made his car look like that, or anything close to that (ie massive wheels, vents everywhere) we'd all be calling him a pillock.

I certainly wouldnt want a car that looked like the Vee. Unless it was a vee.

172 Cup, AX trackbeast.
Plastic arch extensions were the worst part of the 205 GTi. Would've looked much better with a metal flare.

I don't like the look of the Clio V6. They're probably very good cars, but I'd never have one, I prefer subtle beefiness, a la 172/182.