ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do so many people sell up?

White clique
People tend to mod as they´re bored, the new mod will only mask the boredom for so long until they look elsewhere!

In reality though, you get bored of any car eventually. Grass always seems greener on the other side..

totally agree with this, coupled up with an element of being competitive for some people, they just want to chase BHP numbers. The novelty will wear off anything eventually, it wears off a new car for me after about a week usually.

DB.

BMW 440i
Definitely agree with people modding for boredom.

With my new car, I'm colour coding the bumpers and putting in the satnav/dvd/iPod oem head unit, but then after that, it will be modding for boredom if i do tbf.

Moving on is sometimes not the answer, Having just done my first track session in my 197 I now realise that the car I have is no quicker than my old 182 and will cost stupid money to make it better, so the dilemma for me is should I sell up now and buy a well modded 182 and have money in my back pocket or throw money I haven't got to make a good road car worse as an occassional track ****.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Even Dave is selling his Trophy.

Maybe. If someone wants it they can have it. But If not, ill strip all the s3xy bits off & stick it in hibernation for a couple of years ...

Im not bored of the car, but feel that without going racing, the challenge of FWD on track isnt the same anymore, so fancy my hand at RWD.

Ive also had more hot hatches than gfs, so fancy a change to something with a bit more power again.

Instead of wasting 3 grand to fit itbs & get 200bhp out of a clio, i spent 3 grand and got itbs, & 343bhp as standard ...

SQ5
Ive only lost money on one car I've broken so to me it's been the best way! I had my Clio up for £1400 sold coilovers and wheels and had made £700 back! I could then put standard suspension on some cheap wheels and sell for £1000!

53 Clio's & counting
I think it boils down to personal preference.

Some people spend 3k on the engine,mounts, and breathing mods then winge because they 'only' have 195bhp (which in a car weighing a ton is plenty to have fun with)

others see too many 'if you had a turbo you would have 350bhp now' so sell up then spend a load of cash tuning something else.

Others decide they want something newer/faster and move on cutting their losses.

Me personally, i did 50k miles in my black one, and sold it only to get the elise. What i wish i had done was chuck it in storage and kept it - kicking myself on that one. But as the Elise is sold, i managed to pick up another bargain, and costs will be kept low due to this point - you loose money modding cars - its fun mind l