ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do you love your Clio RenaultSport?

RB 182 FF
Jesus H Christ, what kind of f**ked up boring teenager saves their money?!? f**k. That.

Spunk it up the wall on whatever takes your fancy I say. You're only young once. £5.4k on insuring a Clio is obscene and makes absolutely no sense whatsoever but if that's what floats your boat then go for it. Hell, we had a grown man on here spending that much on a f**king push-bike and people were patting him on the back! Given a choice between a RS Clio and a push-bike I know which I'd be choosing.

We all know £500 a month on insurance is idiotic, I wasn't saying be a boring teenager at all. When I was 18/19 I had a Mazda 323F 1.5 dohc and it was pathetically slow, something like 89bhp or something... but I have to say until I got my 182 the Mazda was by far the best and most enjoyable car I've owned, I used to love revving the nuts off it!!!:D and it was a really nice looking car, got a lot of attention in it and I felt cool as at 18/19!!! I think this guy could still love owning a car without costing £500 a month to insure and have just as much fun!! Then buy a car that blows other peoples out of the water at age 24/25!:D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
REALLY?! id rather pay 5.4k to sit in a car in comfort, and get to my destination, smelling fresh, and looking dapper! then turning up sweating like an ogre and making everyone see how small your manly hood is by wearing SUPER tight fitting lycra!

Fpmsl!!!!!! It's a Clio not a Maybach!

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
because its a good honest little car, its got character and its small and good fun to drive, and will be even more in love with the little beast after full service including belts/dephaser and other bits instore for it. oh and this forum adds to it. and its the 2nd longest car ive had, first being my first car!

No one is really asking him to save all his money. Spunking £500 a month on insurance is verging on special needs. That's fact.

LOL. Well aye, sensible it aint. But he's a teenager so you can't really expect him to be sensible.

And telling him to wait till he's in his mid twenties before he gets in the car he wants is ridiculous. Clearly the words of a man who doesn't recall what it's like to be a teenager. Waiting a week for something is agony at that age. Waiting 5 years an impossibilty.

I would argue that when you're still at home and in your teens is exactly the right time to be doing stupid things with your money. If you're in your thirties and still doing it then you need your head looking at. f**k it, you can't take it with you, just do whatever makes you happy. He's got the rest of his life to be sensible.

SQ5
When I was 19 my insurance for a 172 would of been £2500, and I thought f**k that. I'd wanted one since they first came out, so i waited until I was 20 and paid a half sensible £1400.

I'd buy a 106 GTI save half insurance, half value of car spend £1000 on it and it's as quick as a 172.

RB 182 FF
LOL. Well aye, sensible it aint. But he's a teenager so you can't really expect him to be sensible.

And telling him to wait till he's in his mid twenties before he gets in the car he wants is ridiculous. Clearly the words of a man who doesn't recall what it's like to be a teenager. Waiting a week for something is agony at that age. Waiting 5 years an impossibilty.

I would argue that when you're still at home and in your teens is exactly the right time to be doing stupid things with your money. If you're in your thirties and still doing it then you need your head looking at. f**k it, you can't take it with you, just do whatever makes you happy. He's got the rest of his life to be sensible.

We aint going to win a debate with you are we...!:D I know I'm talking sense and that I'm right. He could be King-ding-a-ling and own a Clio V6 in a few years and really look the boy then.... It's my dream to own a V6 and I'm nearly 29, if he's sensible now and not giving away £500 a month then cars of that caliber aren't just a dream........ that's the point I'm making.....

SQ5
It's not an RS, if you click that it takes you to the Renault site. Click the others and it stays on the RS site

We aint going to win a debate with you are we...!:D I know I'm talking sense and that I'm right.

Heh, yep, you are talking sense and you are right. What he's doing is ridiculous. I'm just making the point that now, while he's young and still at home, is the perfect time to do something ridiculous with his money.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's quite funny is because I didn't spunk all my cash on insurance as a teen and I didn't crash all my cars I can now as a 26 year old afford a house and nice cars if I wanted.

But hey, what the f**k do I know.

What's quite funny is because I didn't spunk all my cash on insurance as a teen and I didn't crash all my cars I can now as a 26 year old afford a house and nice cars if I wanted.

But hey, what the f**k do I know.

You know what works for you.

I DID spunk all my money up the wall. And I had an absolute ball doing it. I'm now 33 and I can't afford a house or a nice car but you know what? I'm still happy.

SQ5
They also put it so you click on it and it takes you to the normal site not the RS site like the others!

It's not an RS, which is why it has no RS badges or anything on it

RB 182 FF
Heh, yep, you are talking sense and you are right. What he's doing is ridiculous. I'm just making the point that now, while he's young and still at home, is the perfect time to do something ridiculous with his money.

I agree to agree, you are right that it's the right time to do it and I did exactly that at that age! I just wish I didn't!:( A V6 may have been on my driveway by now!:p

Because it has given me entry to the world of performance cars, it entertains me, i enjoy driving it without having to do silly speeds to gain a level of interaction, it has stripes

Looking....
Because they are like women, when they go well they are hours of fun but when they go wrong they hit your wallet hard.
The guy paying 5.5k on insurance if i was you id get an old 1.8 16valver and have just as much fun and save the ££££!

Astra (H) VXR
The guy paying 5.5k on insurance if i was you id get an old 1.8 16valver and have just as much fun and save the ££££!

Agreed with this, had two of them little beasts one was a bag of s**t with a mega chav body kit and the other was mint had it lowered 100mm all round and it was pretty quick only thing that went wrong was the clutch cable snapped twice in six months and it had the turning circle of a jumbo jet!!

5400 Quid is just ridiculous, I've heard of 2-3K horror stories but never this much. The amount of money your wasting on insurance over a normal car would buy you a new motor in a couple of years.

Why don't you save the pounds and be a named driver on your parents policy for a couple of years. Probably still cost you a grand a year but that's a big saving, 15k compared to 3k over three years. Yes ok, you wont get a NCB, but by the time you go onto your own policy three years down the line, you'll be older and premiums will be generally cheaper anyway.

That's what I did, worked a treat for me. Saved a fortune on insurance compared to my mates over our teenage years. And now we are all 24, we all pay similar, even if it's the first year on my own name, but I've saved thousands compared to them

work for BMW
Lol I thought £1600 for a 1.1 pug 106 as my first car was ridiculous and walked away straight away! My advice is get a low powered car and save your no claims and money for a few years then you can treat yourself to a car of your choice with much cheaper insurance

320d
Because they are like women, when they go well they are hours of fun but when they go wrong they hit your wallet hard.

Very difficult to come by these days. Pretty much all the last of the good one have been used for F4R conversions. There can't be many standard valvers around now.

In the last year or two its rare to even hear them mentioned on here.

Looking for 182
It's been great fun to drive, and also great fun to learn about cars. Before I got it I would never have dreamed of doing anything myself, but since I've got it I've fitted coilovers, brake discs and pads all round, and done some other exhaust jobs and stuff. Nothing major, but for me was really satisfying.

Listerine & Poledo

with 3 crashes on his record, even a Matiz would probably cost 5k.

He's not paying for the car, he's paying the damage he's going to cause with it

Chocolate Orange 172
Because no other car makes or had made me smile as much as this one.............................SIMPLES :race:

Nimbus R27
Because it puts a huge smile on your face everytime you take it on bendy back roads and it just sticks like glue to the road! They are all just such fun cars to drive for what ever purpose :D

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm just the enjoyment to drive it I suppose. Only ever driven a saxo/clio/mini properly on the road so wouldnt really know what a "boring" car is like.

Edit- actually I drove a corsa for about 5 minutes once and it felt horrible like the steering wasn't actually attached to the f**king wheels or something. Was like floating on a bubble lol.

i know its not a RS, but some people get so chewy for something insignificant,

and yes i am defiantly implying that the diesel much much better to drive than the 1.6, as it has got substantially more torque (real world power) and it has got a little bit more than a standard 1*2, and thats what makes me love it regardless if its a RS or not

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
You've been posting links trying to prove how its an RS though?

I think if you drove a 1*2/197/200 you'd get back into your own car and be a little dissapointed. Totally different experience. In my opinion diesels never have and never will be as fun as a petrol powered car.