ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do you love your Clio RenaultSport?

Listerine & Poledo
GT's are possibly better cruisers, but Renault wouldn't have them in the same ball park for "driving experience" as a full RenaultSport.

The point of them IIRC is to offer a cut-price way of looking a bit sporty but without actually having the chutpah to back it up.

Conderi them, for instance, a Clio "SXi". Some sporty seats, wheels, spoiler and maybe a few mm off the ride height, but it's all cosmetic

phase 1 flamer 172
Loves a bit strong but i like it because its small and nippy, quite like the overall shape, it blends in with the traffic, and lots of potential for making it faster.

MCS R56
i love mine, because out of the 3 cars that iv owned, this has had the best handling, and it actually moves when you gives it some beans! unlike my 1.2 corsa! and my saxo, which admitidly i loved aswell! my clio makes such a nice sound when you blip the throttle aswell! actually makes me do a little bit of a sex-wee! :O well worth the 5.4k insurance bill! :D

I think you need to stick to your 1.2's as that is the funniest thing I've ever read - Five and half grand to insure a fecking Clio. Are you completely nuts?! I guess some people need to learn the hard way but it just makes no sense. You might enjoy your car but you probably enjoy a pint now and again but I bet you wouldn't pay £20 for one.

I used to grudge paying £500 on my Clio when I first got it. Surely you can see you are being totally ripped off? After three years ownership, you will have paid more than £10K on insurance, not to mention tax, fuel, service, MOT and probably body kit. How much is your car worth? That's supercar insurance premiums!

SQ5
GT's are possibly better cruisers, but Renault wouldn't have them in the same ball park for "driving experience" as a full RenaultSport.

The point of them IIRC is to offer a cut-price way of looking a bit sporty but without actually having the chutpah to back it up.

Conderi them, for instance, a Clio "SXi". Some sporty seats, wheels, spoiler and maybe a few mm off the ride height, but it's all cosmetic

I believe the term is "homosexual" or "poor" version

PB Clio 172
I like mine because its light and great fun ! I have gone from a renault 5 GTT to a clio 16v to this and this is the best car by far! Love it !

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Off today, and did my usual stint to my nans in delamere. Still got the seats out and just love the sound lol, girlfriend not so much, the noise that is. Just love it :). And its the longest I've ever kept a car and I've had plenty.

SQ5
Lmao poor, how much are 172 ph1's going for ?

And you know how much money I'm ploughing into it do you? Within the next 2 months I will probably put into what your car is worth. My car will be epic, yours will still be a wannabe ;)

Ph1 172 are for awesome people, don't worry peeps

Listerine & Poledo
And also, I could of probably bought 4 brand new GTs with what I've spent on Ph1 Clios :)

Yeah, well, if you're include sik modz in that figure than that's your own look out.

I dont have a problem with any version of any car, provided people with shopping trolleys dont think they can bolt a few hundred quids worth of go-faster tat and think they've got a genuine Lambo-slayer.

Mind, this problem is easily explained simple maths

L = 1-(A-I-D-S)

Where

L= Likelihood to modify a vehicle
A = Age of vehicle owner -25
I = IQ of owner / 100
D = Disposable income of owner / 10000
S = Sh*tness of vehicle, based on the common scale*

Any result above 1.01 suggests a ruined heap will be born

*: Evo rating / 5
or
Autocar rating / 6

SQ5
I have included mods in that figure, if I didn't it would still be 2 GTs and they weren't ruined with sik modz ;)

SQ5
Lol really? Could you not detect the sarcasm!

You got annoyed when I told you it wasn't, with pictures etc... I'm not bothered, I have an RS.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
You own a Trophy. The polar opposite of underestimated. It's one of the best handling fwd cars ever made.

Estimated to others on here, rediculously under-estimated to 99.9% of every other car owner / road user!

Most of my work colleagues wonder what I'm talking about when I mention the dampers, most
people just see it as an ordinary Clio.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I love the Trophies. Fantastic cars.

Stevo. Look at the one on PH in East Lothian. Very tidy!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I dont even know. The pair of them have been royaly pissing me off the past while!!

Clio 172 cup
For me its the perfect blend of power and still great fuel economy

My cup isnt that much slower than my old wrx but is exactly twice as good on juice

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
That's the one. I sent him an email but haven't heard back!

It's worth the money.

225 Cup & Williams
It is mate looks a really well looked after example. If I had the money I would seriously go and buy that this weekend.