ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why do you love your Clio RenaultSport?

Richyy182

ClioSport Club Member
  BG Clio 182 FF
For me its the grin factor and the fact the 182 is one of the last true hot hatches!!!

discuss

:)

Listerine & Poledo
Re: Why do you love your Cliosport??

Because it's well loaded for kit and, comparitively, peanuts to run (until the belts need changing of course).

It steers well, pulls itself down the road well enough and it's painful to travel distance in

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
It's fast and it handles well, it also looks like every other Clio to the general public, so doesn't get any unwanted attention.

Astra (H) VXR
Because it takes me back to my young days when all I had was little hatchbacks ie my 106GTI but now I have the sense to drive it with care and to look after it instead of abusing it every day of its poor life :) but the thing that I love most is when you hit 4000rpm in second gear!! Obviously now on a rate occasion.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Fast, great handling, comfortable(ish), quite economical (34-36mpg), doesn't look like it goes.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Generally realiable and cheapish to maintain, average on fuel, quick enough, I like how it looks.

And nothing handles quite like a Trophy. (better or worse, but not 'like').

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
As my mind is full of red mist I'm struggling to see what I love, if you did a list for hate then I'd be on all day :)

I'd say probably giant killing potential, handling is great and makes you feel connected with the car, unlike some more modern day equivalents

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say probably giant killing potential, handling is great and makes you feel connected with the car, unlike some more modern day equivalents
Last of the 'old school' hatches.

I'm put off by most cars with electric PAS nowadays. I'm yet to drive a good one.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'd say the newest car I really enjoyed driving/ owning was my 04' mini cooper s, the feedback from that steering wheel is sublime, couple that with trophy handling and you've probably made yourself an awesome driving experience

Non Sport Megane
i love mine, because out of the 3 cars that iv owned, this has had the best handling, and it actually moves when you gives it some beans! unlike my 1.2 corsa! and my saxo, which admitidly i loved aswell! my clio makes such a nice sound when you blip the throttle aswell! actually makes me do a little bit of a sex-wee! :O well worth the 5.4k insurance bill! :D

Mk2 Ph2 172
Your on crack to pay £5.4k a year to insure a clio ffs !!!

I like mine as it was cheap to buy, cheap to run and a fun little car with nice looks, interior and a good spec ;)

also if needed at a push you can fit the kids in it and the shopping :)

Listerine & Poledo
You have, certainly, no common sense in your entire ****ing body.

FFS, if you've already totalled 3 motors I guess it's only going to be a few months before another Clio gets barrel-rolled through a field.

Thanks for putting all our premiums up.

EDIT:That's @Grimes.

Clio 172 Cup
Because its the one last car my gf had before she passed on and we had many a adventure in it and never let us down, unlike my rx7.
Also im willing to spend money on it to keep it awesome, unlike my rx7, that can and probably is in car hell for its crimes against my wallet.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
LMAO! i am 19! :L with 3 crash's to my name! and 0 NCB!

I paid (what I thought to be) ridiculous amounts to insure my Integra at 20 with 0 NCB, but £5,400 to insure a Clio is ludicrous.

3 crashes to your name at your age, get a bus pass lol.

On topic, well equipped, economical, quick, handles well.

Non Sport Megane
You have, certainly, no common sense in your entire ****ing body.

FFS, if you've already totalled 3 motors I guess it's only going to be a few months before another Clio gets barrel-rolled through a field.

Thanks for putting all our premiums up.

EDIT:That's @Grimes.

Tad out of order that...

0 points, no i havnt totalled any vehicles, one crash wasnt even my fault! but the driver didnt admit fault, even though there was tyre marks on my passenger door, the other 2 admitidly were my fault!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I think i'm loosing the love, after driving essentially the same car for nearly 7 years.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lol @ Grimes, you would htink 3 crashes in 2 years would indicate that you need to have more lessons or give up driving lol.

Non Sport Megane
it was 2.5k for a 1.4 saxo! 5 times the prices of the car! and 1.2k for a 1.2 corsa! 2 x the price of the car! i admit that 5.4k is pretty stupid, but iv got a car that i enjoy and love!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I love how it drives, the fact it puts a smile on my face every time I drive it, the noise, the fact its so cheap to run..

But alas I want rid of it as I want an R26 :D

Non Sport Megane
No about half hour from gatwick airport

1st crash id only been driving 2 weeks literally! so that was down to inexperience! 2nd wasnt actually my fault! but she wouldnt admit to it, despite theyre being rubber marks on my passenger door! the insurance settled it 50/50 so i lost the NCB i was building, 3rd was completely my fault as i wasnt paying attention!

There's just something about them. Such go karts, brilliant fun/price. I'll always keep going back to renaultsports in one way or another.